Keagan has started solids. And, much to the bewilderment of most relatives including my husband, I am making my own baby food. Most everyone that hears I am making my own baby food shakes their head and says I am working way too hard. I can't see how hard it is: I pick out fresh food, puree it, and freeze. I don't have to stand in a foreign aisle looking at foreign miniature jars of food and wonder if what my baby is eating is the best I can give him. I am nursing because it is the best, so why wouldn't I at least try to give Keagan the best for the beginning of his food experiences?
Anyways, if I didn't make my own baby food, Keagan would never get to try avocado. (I doubt they have that in those mini jars) And we would never realize just how much he LOVES avocado...or guacamole as we refer to it! Obviously it is guacamole minus the spices and tomato...it is bland guacamole, but whatever! Keagan loves him some Mexican cuisine! Ok, maybe this is taking it a bit far...but check out the open-mouth-forward-lean-to-spoon pose:
Can we say YUMMY!? :)
I love it. Ashley is making her own foods for Carson and he is loving them. Keagan is definitely a healthy and happy lil boy :)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big Keagan is getting!!! He is so cute with that forward-lean-feed-me-now-mommy for the avocado. Just want to pinch those little cheeks:)
ReplyDeleteI have made all of Eli's food and he LOVES it all (except for lima beans, but I can't blame him...I hate them too)! Good luck! Keagan will appreciate all of your efforts to feed him healthy foods minus all the preservatives that are in those nasty little jars.
Yay for homemade baby food!! We are doing that with Walker. It's so much better for them and I'm finding it's also a LOT cheaper. Keagan is SO cute and getting so big!
ReplyDelete