November 19, 2010

The Winner

Ok, So it has taken a couple weeks to get this post up.  But to be quite honest, I was hoping for a better "turn out at the polls" .. I had expected more friends and family to comment and was a bit disappointed.  Maybe it wasn't as much fun for you as it was for me to look at old pictures.  Or maybe (and this is my fear!), you aren't as interested in my child as I am!  (What!?!!  How can it be??  He's AMAZING!)

Well, I have gotten over my disappointment and have done some soul searching only to realize that this blog is more for me to reflect on my own life than for you.  A personal diary-of-sorts, that I have allowed you to be privy to.  It is fun for Josh and I to look at the blog and I hope someday there is a way to save it so that Keagan can look at it. 

Enough of that.  The most responses (from comments, facebook, and verbal ballots) for who Keagan looks most like is Baby #3.  It was a very close toss up, with most people saying Baby #1 and Baby #3; but then a friend called me and threw the tie saying Keagan looked most like Baby #3.
Baby #3 is MY DAD! 

Now, scroll down to the post below with all the pictures of the babies. 
Baby #1 is Josh's Dad (however, I was unaware of this when I posted it!  Wasn't sure WHICH baby it was)
Baby #2 is Me (sadly enough...I wasn't a very good looking baby!)
Baby #3 is My Dad (and who I have thought Keagan looked like the second I saw my dad's baby pic)
Baby #4 is Josh
Baby #5 is Josh's Dad (again)

Now, for some fun pictures...and you will really see Keagan in some of these! 

My Grandma Gail holding my Dad (he is 4 months old here).  I love this picture.  It is so beautiful and my Grandmother is stunning!  What a happy time!
You might recognize this baby as ME...it's a little better than the original one I posted earlier.  If I squint, I can see a little Keagan in it...he smiles like this now and is quite chunky like this too!)

Josh's mom found an album of his baby pictures and it was a blast to go through. I have scanned some of the best ones, but there really were so many. Thank you, Lori, for letting us take these to look at! We have really enjoyed it!


Baby Josh and his Grandfather (check out the face Josh is making...remind you of someone?)
....Keagan, maybe?


Baby Josh after his stomach surgery.
 This is Josh, not Keagan!  But if the eyebrows weren't so dark, I might even mistake this baby for my own!

These next two pictures are so raw, innocent, and beautiful to me.  I love the way these two new parents are snuggling their newborn son.  And I love that their newborn son is now my husband!  Something about the way their awe for their new baby is written all over their faces brings tears to my eyes.  I guess because it hasn't been that long since we were learning to hold our own newborn.  Every new parent experiences this. Absolutely  timeless.  


3 comments:

  1. Girrrlllll...I hear that! I can leave a post up for a week and be lucky to get a comment. Clearly sometimes what we find to be AWESOME isn't awesome enough for some. Oh well...it's still awesome to us, right? That's why we do it.
    These pics are fun - what a stroll down memory lane y'all have taken. He does look like Josh. Will be fun to watch him grow and change becuase K used to be a miniature Tim and now I think she favors yours truly. You just never know. Most importantly - he's PRECIOUS. =)
    Now...since you're on a picture roll - bring on the new haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha linds! That would mean someone besides ME is behind the camera! :) (to show off my new haircut)...Thanks for the comment btw! :) I am a tad bit whiny I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post! Loved getting to see all the pictures...Keagan really does look like your dad!! I'm hoping our kids will look like Noel...I was not a very cute baby- ha!

    And yeah- I want to see the new haircut too!

    ReplyDelete