Keagan has changed drastically in just a month's time.
Likes: Bath time and splashing in his new tub, his puppy-brother, his medicine (he grabs at the medicine dropper and helps it into his mouth!), his bedtime routine (and mommy likes that he sleeps through the night usually), sitting in his Bumbo, playing with mommy's necklace while he eats, kisses from mommy (but not so much from daddy), being tickled all over, school and his friends, looking up guy things on the internet with daddy, Kung Fu Panda (a very cute movie! We stumbled upon his enjoyment of this during a fussy evening...when we passed the channel this was on he stopped crying...he doesn't just like this movie, he LOVES it!), his feet and his fingers, his giraffe (pictured above), shopping, riding in the car, looking at himself in a mirror.
Dislikes: being held like a baby, pacifiers, loud noises/people in his face, diaper changes prior to eating (any other time they are fine), being snuggled when it isn't on his terms, having a toy/cell phone/napkin being taken away from him, commercials during Kung Fu Panda (must fast forward, STAT!).
Keagan is overall a very laid back baby. He only cries for a reason and is easily pacified (a snuggle from mommy or the boob...works every time). His teachers tell us how fun and sweet and snuggly he is, and he is always happy when we pick him up from school. He travels well and doesn't mind a day long shopping trip. He has a wonderful bedtime routine and naps only on occasion. We don't force the issue because we figure when he's tired, he will sleep. There are different schools of thought on this... He pretty much just goes with the flow with everything (except bedtime, which must not be interrupted! or Lord help everyone.) and takes it all in. He can finally roll over, belly to back, but doesn't do it regularly. He is a quiet child, like his daddy, and doesn't talk a whole lot. When he does, he uses a "sexy voice" instead of squealy baby voices. It's quite funny...he is such a little man!
Here are pics of his current endeavors:
Finally participating in Tummy Time (we still have to be creative for him to do this, though!)
Look, Ma! I can roll over now!
Snuggle time with Mommy...This is a new thing and I am loving it!
Playtime with Daddy! (Note the tummy time creativity here...)
Kung Fu Panda = Mommy can get stuff done! (Move over, Baby Einstein!)
Bath time is now Playtime...he has always loved a bath, but now it has taken on a whole new dimension! No more baby Puj tub...moving onto bigger and better things! (Thanks, Julie...Keagan LOVES his duckie tub!)
The Best of Friends.
Wherever Keagan is, there you will find Oscar. The mutual interest/love is really quite sweet!
The End. :)
(p.s. for those who want to comment but have told me they cannot for one reason or another, try this: click on the post title to the right (under Blog Archives). Scroll down through the post, you should see a comment box at the bottom of the posting. You can type there, and select Anonymous if you don't know what else to select and then just leave your name in the comments box. I appreciate all the votes that I got for the last posting and I didn't realize until then just how difficult it was to post a comment; hopefully this will make it easier for you. Believe it or not, I check this more than I do my email!)
Sweet pictures. He is changing so much so quickly. It flies! I couldn't watch the videos though I wanted to - it said I needed to accept some kind of friend request? Dunno...call me dumb. Anyway - I enjoyed reading his "stats". Miss him and y'all too! Happy Turkey Day!
ReplyDeleteI THINK I have fixed the video! I had a privacy setting on it in youtube...didn't realize that transferred to Blogger, too! Let me know if you are still having problems! :) Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!! (enjoy your family!)
ReplyDeleteHow Cute!! Love the videos :) Can't believe how much he has changed in just one month. Such a big boy. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again at Christmas, but concerned that Keagan is wearing a hat and you have a scarf on inside the house. I hope that's just a fashion statement and not because you're freezing inside your own home! P.S. Love your new haircut, Janine!
ReplyDeleteOh Janine, The videos and pictures of my handsome great grandson and great! Love the picture of Keagan and you. Enjoy this first year, the time passes so quickly. Love, Grandma Gail
ReplyDelete