September 26, 2010

Because I promised...

Keagan turned 3 months old on the first day of fall.

I don't know how this has happened.  Where has my newborn gone? I am struggling with the whole "time flies" issue.  We really are having fun, so I guess time is flying.

This makes me incredibly sad because his "baby" things are quickly disappearing.  He no longer wears premie clothes (they were sooo cute and tiny!), in fact he has more than caught up to his age/size and is pushing into 3-6 month sizes!!  He no longer has a blank expression or an Oooooh Face, he is a big boy now and carries on 5-10 minute conversations with anyone who will listen and then talk back to him!  He is quite the ham and has so many expressions that when I was going through all 68 of the pics I took of him in one setting, I was having a hard time choosing which were "blog worthy."  Not to mention my giggling as I scrolled through all the pics and saw his expression change with each snap of the camera! 

Thus, you get more than you bargained for:

My beautiful son is growing so fast, it scares me to think that I will blink and he will be talking, walking, dating, graduating high school, and then having his own babies.  I need time to slow down!  (tears)
Some funnies about Keagan:
He has discovered his tongue and sticks it out of his mouth all the time (note this in a couple of the pics above)
He is a serious type, loves to smile but will make you work for his smiles
He smiles a half smile when only slightly amused.
Smiles a full-on gummy smile when mommy makes weird noises...he loves weird noises.
Or maybe he just loves weird mommy!
He has started to make the same sounds mommy makes (OooOOOooooOOOOooooh!) and then smiles, bats his hands, and kicks his feet when I laugh at him.
He still hates pure tummy time, but I have found the boppy on my chest works well to get in some tummy time.
He likes daycare. He always seems happy when I drop him off/pick him up, daddy thinks so too.
He eats his fists, whether he is hungry or not.
He sleeps through the night about 20% of the time.  The other 80% he sleeps about 5 hours, wakes to eat, then goes back to sleep.  We are lucky.
He does not like to be snuggled unless it is early in the morning.
He likes to be held like a sack of potatoes.
He is balding, and has a slight comb-over.  We are hoping this fills in fast!
He can almost hold his head up, daddy tests this weekly but putting him in his Bumbo seat and seeing where his head goes!  (don't worry folks, perfectly safe)
He is outgrowing his bassinet, which saddens me.
He does not like bedtime stories, he is all business when it comes to bedtime.  No fluff.
He is sensitive, still cries quite a bit but nothing like it used to be! My oh my what a difference a month makes!

Most of all, he is the most adorable little guy any parents could ever ask for.  Parenting is hard work, but then you see that smile and you remember how much fun it is, too.

Here are a couple more that I found funny (maybe you will too, or maybe you will think "I guess you have to be there...")

2 comments:

  1. oh so cute.

    Boy that giraffe isn't looking so big anymore huh? Crazy!

    Love the expressions - can't wait to get there soon and try to get him to make them for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he's 3 months old already...he is SO cute! And he's definitely growing. I love his sweet little legs with the cute little rolls. Oh and I cried when I put Walker's preemie clothes away. It's hard to believe they ever fit into them!! Keagan is adorable and I'm so glad you guys are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete