September 10, 2010

The times, they are a-changin'

My baby boy is growing up.  Too quickly, I might add. How does this happen?  It won't be long and my sweet baby boy will be a rough-and-tumble tot!  Here are some shots from the past couple of weeks:

I looove the above pic for 2 reasons:
1. The oooooh face, which we rarely see anymore (in fact this pic may be the last time it appeared!)...so sad because it reminds me of his newborn days.  Big boys don't really do the oooh face!
2. The massive boogy in his nostril.  I love to get the boogies (is this weird?)--I feel so accomplished when they come out and he can breathe again! 

With Gama at his first dove hunt (except he didn't hunt or see doves!)

This past week I went back to work.  Go ahead and cry for me.  I cried a lot leading up to this week; I didn't want to leave my baby and I certainly didn't want to leave my baby at daycare! No one is mommy and no one can love my boy like me.  Much to my surprise and delight, both Keagan and I did really well! 
The first day I picked him up from school, I got a huge smile!  AND he has slept really the past three nights.  Maybe this isn't so bad?  I have also enjoyed being back in the adult world (even though all I think about all day long is coming home to see my boy). 
Some sweet pics of Keagan sacked out after coming home from school!

My sweet baby is getting so big and changes every day!  He is starting to get roly-poly legs (along with multiple chins!) and he is quite sturdy and stout! 


Before I sign off, I would like to ask for a prayer for the amazing doctor who delivered Keagan, and his wife and three little boys.  If you are from this area, you know what is going on, otherwise I would rather not speak of it.  But please pray for peace for this family and for my doctor to be able to put the present into the past and move on with life.  This doctor means the world to me, he has seen me from infertility to pregnancy and from difficulties to pure joy.  He gave Josh and I his personal cell phone number, followed up with us as a friend more than a doctor when Keagan was in the NICU, and has shown compassion and care throughout my time as a patient of his.  I look forward to having him as my doctor when we expand our family and I just hope to God that he can move forward from the issues he is facing right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment