We finally found the furniture for Baby Keagan's room, it has been quite the search because A) I am picky! (I cannot tell a lie!), B) I have expensive taste, and C) We weren't going to spend an arm-and-a-leg on baby furniture. Oh, and I forgot one: I found something I LOVED at Pottery Barn Kids but refused to spend $1000 on a crib (well, Josh refused!) so everything I found at a reasonable price was compared back to the PBK crib. The standard was set pretty high. Well, we finally found some furniture at JC Penney and broke down and ordered it. The crib arrived yesterday and Josh put it together this afternoon. I love it and have nearly forgotten about the PBK crib! We are waiting on the dresser/changer to come in and I am still looking for a rocker/glider (any suggestions?).
About the bedding: I found some bedding that I LOVED in the PBK catalog over a year ago, and of course by the time we finally got pregnant and then found out we were having a boy, the bedding was gone, no longer available! I was so bummed, but Ebay and Craigslist to the rescue: I found all the bedding, brand new, and we have managed to piece it all together! We have everything, except the minor details of wall decor, etc, which I don't care about. The theme: No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. It is so cute! Here is the PBK picture (you'll recognize the paint!):
(of course, the name above the bed will not be Tristan...just in case you were wondering!)

I LOVE that crib! Great choice. And that bedding is too cute. You did a great job matching the paint to the picture. Awww. His room is going to be so cute:)
ReplyDeleteNo recommendations on a glider, however, I totally think you should go bold with orange fabric like PBK did. So stinkin' cute. Love the crib - I think it's gorgeous. Where's the bump update??? Hee hee.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the nursery paint, the bedding and the crib...SO cute. We got our furniture at JC Penney's too! I got my glider and ottoman at The Plaid Rabbit in Murray. You may just check there and see if you find anything you like! So glad you and baby are doing well!!
ReplyDeleteevSister - sooo cute! And I'd highly recommend our glider/ottoman combo. They are Dutailier from BBRU (I think this is it: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3975403&CAWELAID=458718462). They were on the pricier side, but this was the only one I found that had a nice, high, comfy back for tall girls. Most of them didn't come up high enough and would not be good for nodding off in - something I've done many times during night feedings. Plus, I made friends with the manager at the store that day and he knocked more than a hundred bones off, and we had family members who wanted to contribute to the glider as a shower gift. Worth every single penny.
ReplyDeleteSo excited to see pics of your little man! You're going to be the best mommy!
We ordered the Jory plush chair and matching ottoman from Best Chair's Storytime Series. I would recommend that you test whatever chair before you order it. There were so many that we tried that were really uncomfortable for tall people.
ReplyDeleteWe found it at a baby boutique near the house and custom ordered the fabric from a ton of choices. And it was way cheaper than the cute ones at PBK.