March 6, 2010

Meet My Furry Child

This weekend marks 21 weeks.  If you divide this by 4 weeks, I am 5 months and 1 week!  I don't know if this pregnancy math is correct because I am still confused by pregnancy numbers!  I know 40 weeks is full term but this equates to 10 months of gestation in my mind, not 9 months!  Anyways, because I honestly have baby brain, I don't think about this much beyond the above explaination! 
21 Weeks
Speaking of "baby brain," I didn't realize how true this term was until the past couple of weeks, when I swear I have become a fumbling idiot!  I lose my train of thought easily, change subjects on a whim during conversation, and cannot think of generic words that I use daily.  It is really quite sad.  Today, I went and saw Beauty and the Beast in Paducah and I rode with my friend Stacey and her mom.  When they came to pick me up, I just walked out of the house and got in their car like it was any other day.  It wasn't until about 20 minutes later I got a phone call from Josh, he said: Where ARE you?  I forgot to say good-bye!!  He had no idea I had left and it didn't cross my mind to tell him I was leaving!  Totally not me.  Baby Brain.

For my birthday I received a generous amount of money from my mom to put towards a jogging stroller.  I have mulled over thousands of strollers online and in stores and finally decided on the Bob Revolution jogging stroller.  I got online to order it and was pleased to find Babies R'Us had a free shipping promo going on!  (whoo hoo!)  It came to our doorstep the other day and Josh was pumped about putting it together:
I cannot wait to start jogging again, and am thrilled about this jogger because you can purchase an attachment for an infant carrier so you can walk/jog with a little one instead of waiting until he is 6 months old!  I am not the only one who is thrilled, however; Oscar really took a liking to the stroller and we walked all over the house.  He didn't really want to get out of it! 
So funny, he "told me" that he is mad that he didn't have one of these when he was a baby, but is glad that he has one to ride in now.  Better late than never I suppose.  I didn't let Oscar know this was "for the baby," ignorance is bliss in this case, and Oscar was definitely blissful about our Springtime walks in this stroller!  He'll soon find out that he has to share.  All in good time!

5 comments:

  1. OSCAR! How is he doing with the ever-growing mound of baby stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD! That last picture of Oscar is too cute! You could frame it. AWW! I love it! What an awesome jogging stroller! I'm sure you'll be right back to it after BabyO comes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look SO cute! And I love the stroller!! I saw where you had asked about childbirth classes on my blog...we went back in January but I think you'd be fine to do it whenever you can! They really don't tell you a lot of stuff you don't learn from reading the books. But they do show the epidural video! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love the Bob stroller! Super awesome!! And Oscar, you don't know what's coming!!! :)

    ReplyDelete