March 27, 2010

BIG Changes!

This week marks 24 weeks of pregnancy!  I can hardly believe it, but the proof is in the pudding...or at least, my belly!  It has grown so significantly over the last week that I wish I had taken a picture of the bump at 23 weeks for that simple comparison.  BUT, laziness took over.  I am very proud to say that I finally look pregnant, and less like I have a beer belly! :)  It's about darn time...my maternity clothes finally fit!  (Thank goodness because my normal clothes quit fitting a while ago)

Some fun changes:
  • If I stand with good posture and look down at my toes, I cannot see them. 
  • Baby Keagan's movements are getting stronger and more often.
  • Josh has felt Keagan move while I am actually SEEING him move in my belly! (now that's weird)
  • He moves a lot at night, and has managed to keep me awake (not so much a fun change).
  • The girls have finally started to grow...and no longer hurt! 
  • I can safely say that nausea is a thing of the past (exhaustion isn't, but I deal with it).
Some not-so-fun changes:
  • I don't sleep terribly well at night between constantly getting up to pee and my inability to get comfy. (pair these with Keagan's strengthening movements...)
  • I have a slight bit of back/side pain if I don't have good posture 100% of the time!
  • Exhaustion.
  • My bum has definitely widened...Definitely.
In anticipation of the arrival of our son, Josh and I began a search for a mommy-mobile.  I currently drive a Toyota Corolla, and it is entirely too small for me to climb in/out of with an infant.  I also have concerns about putting my growing family in such a small vehicle.  This was made clear when we purchased this car, but it has been a wonderful car.  Josh is now going to be driving it to/from work because we have purchased a new car for me!!  Meet my Mommy-Mobile: 
We didn't have plans to purchase so quickly, but Toyota had a wonderful deal of 0% financing for 60 months.  It was a sign.  So, we went on and got exactly what I wanted:  a 2010 Toyota Highlander.  Josh picked her up yesterday!  

3 comments:

  1. Your bump is growing!!! So cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got caught up on all your recent blogs! Keagan's room looks fantastic. Great job! And the living room looks great too! I couldn't tell in the pictures that the floor didn't match. They look almost seamless! I can't wait to see all of this, and YOU, in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the mommy mobile ;0) My car is getting increasingly hard on my back to get Norah in and out...but I am trying to hold out on a new ride b/c that would mean that we would have to shuffle cars b/c we don't need two SUVs and Brad's Explore is too truck-ish for my liking.

    But I digress. I am GOING to get the stuff in the mail for you this weekend. I promise!!

    ReplyDelete