February 20, 2010

Hodgepodge

This weekend marks 19 weeks.  I am one week from the half-way point.  Whooo hooo!  For some reason I am ultra excited about this milestone.  Maybe it's because I am on the "downhill" or maybe it's because I am on the "uphill" with the fun to begin.  Whatever it is, I am excited.  Kinda like when you were 12 and turned 13 and became a teenager overnight!  I think the real reason I am excited though is because my nausea has pretty much subsided (and only visits me on ultra-late nights).  It has, however, been traded in for exhaustion.  I keep wondering where the second trimester burst of energy is...b/c it hasn't shown it's face 'round here!  But maybe once I hit the magical 20 week milestone I will regain my energy! 
Sheer Exhaustion After Work (Oscar loves naptime!)

19 weeks has proven to be a challenge as I clamored over the hurdle of no longer fitting into the majority of my pants.  It was a shock this week when I donned the same khakis that I wore the week before only to find that they barely came up over my hips.  But gosh-darn-it, I was going to make them work.  I did some gymnastics in the pants to "stretch" them out, finally getting them up and zipped half way.  The Bella band was put to use to hide the fact that they didn't really fit, and then I walked out the door to work.  Unfortunately I was miserable all day, and so was the baby as he kicked me every time I bent over and the pants further tightened over him.  Those pants are retired now.  Hopefully not forever, but definitely for the next 5 months!  So sad, so depressing, so part-of-it.  Moving on: I wore maternity pants on Friday and although I felt frumpy and ugly, I was oh-so-comfy!!!!! 
19 weeks
One last addition to this blog:  we finally have a name for Baby Boy Owens!  He shall be called Keagan.  Full name is Keagan Wade Owens.  Josh came up with Keagan and Wade is my dad's middle name.  I have always loved the name Wade and was thrilled when Josh also said he liked it.  Keagan is different, unique, and has a power to it that a grown man can pull off, but also is fun for a little boy.  Wade is simple and strong, just like my dad.  We are both very excited to have a name for this baby boy of ours, it has made the pregnancy that much more real. 

6 comments:

  1. Love the name!!! I can't wait to see all the monogram stuff that Lindsy will of course be getting babyO :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name and you look SO cute!! The 20 week mark is very exciting...all sorts of fun to come! Take care of yourself and that sweet baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! You look great. Is it bad that I am more still getting used to the bangs than the belly? Ha! I can't wait to touch your sweet bump and tell Keagan his Auntie Lindsy loves him more than he knows. Can't wait till y'all get here this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name! One of my friends is naming her baby boy Shadow, so you definitely win the most sane baby name, although it wasn't really a contest.

    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're doing so well! The 20 week mark is awesome for so many reasons! Love it! Keagan = descendant of the fiery one... I guess we know who that is! ;-) It is sad to say goodbye to non-maternity pants, but you'll get back to them! Good luck & God bless you & Josh! You guys will be awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Blake Morgan)
    Girl Get ready. you are about to have the experience of a lifetime! I'm only 2 months in and I can now comfortably I'm in love with a little chubby midget that smells like poop and spoiled milk.

    ReplyDelete