February 14, 2010

18 Weeks and Counting (and a little mourning)

For some reason this posting title reminds me of the TLC show 18 Kids and Counting (of course, there are now 19 kids....or something like that).  Those people just keep having babies!  It's C-Razy!  Anyways, as many followers have verbally requested, here are 18-week bump-watch pics!
**Bump Alert****Bump Alert****Bump Alert****Bump Alert****Bump Alert**

It's not huge, but it is definately there!  (I obviously watch too much Entertainment TV as I think "bump alert" when I look at myself in these pictures!)

The next segment of this post has nothing to do with pregnancy, however my emotions towards this subject could be enhanced/exaggerated by the pregnancy.  But probably not. 

I am in mourning:  Necco brand candy has let me down.  This is a candy company that has been in business forever, and has provided me the most enjoyment over many, many Valentine's Days.  They are the (original) makers of the Conversation hearts.  These hearts are so much more than a candy to me.  They are a symbol of happy memories; I remember mom and I each getting a box and reading aloud the fun sayings while discussing our favorite flavor.  The hearts have been little surprises each year as the phrases are changed to reflect the times.  (i.e. "Text Me").  Well, Necco has completely changed their Conversation hearts (labeled on their original bag as America's #1 Valentine Candy.  They have changed the bag, the texture, the printing on the candy, and most disgusting to me, they have changed the FLAVORS.  How does a company decide to change the #1 selling candy after 145 years?????  I mean, what kind of business is this?  I am so disappointed, sad, depressed.  I fear I will never have another "original" conversation heart again.  Nothing else compares.  My only shred of hope is that as I poured over the leftover V-day candy looking for remnants of my old standby, I found the "new and improved" hearts, and there were soooo many bags left with the "yucky" candy.  Which means, they are NOT the #1 selling candy anymore.  Maybe this will provide a clue to Necco that this change sucks.  Just plain sucks.  (I only learned of this news after dragging my friends and family around for days looking for these heart-shaped bits of happiness.)

3 comments:

  1. the bump is oh so cute and it is unfortunate I can't help it grow by giving you some Necco "old time" goodness. I will keep my eye out for you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute!

    I really am upset about those candies. I filled up a candy bowl in the house and J and I tried them and both said how disgusting they were so the bowl is still sitting...full!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome bump!! Keep it up girlie!

    I too am mourning the Necco candies!

    Tomorrow I will be mourning my twin bumbs & looking at my new foobs.

    ReplyDelete