Last weekend I ran the Murfreesboro Half Marathon. It was my first half marathon, but definitely not my last! (I have a second one on November 7th, where I will run with my best friend Lindsy) After my triathlons last year I said I would do a half marathon, and, well, I did it. I have a strange fear of commitment when it comes to races, but I broke down with a little peer pressure from my friend Stacey. I gave myself 8 weeks to train for the endurance event and I was scared this wouldn't be enough, but it was plenty! Any more than 8 and I think I would have chickened out!! The most I ran in my training was 10 miles, and let me tell you that my body figured this out during the race when I hit the 10 mile mark! I was dragging from mile 10 to mile 11, but picked it up a little only to turn a corner and see the stadium (our Finish Line) a whole 2 miles away! One would think that having the end in sight would make it easier, but to have about 2 miles to go before you get to the end makes it so difficult. AND to top it off, we had a heavy head wind. The wind was so bad that I was wind burnt! But just as soon as I began cursing myself at mile 12 for signing up for another race in only a month, I hit my final sprint to finish the 13.1 miles! Here are my times:
Finished in 2 hours 9 minutes even.
Overall rank: 675th of 1556
Age/sex division rank: 44th of 156
I was pretty proud. Pretty glad to be finished! I beat my goal time of finishing in 2 hours 15 minutes. AND I had a good time with two friends: Stacey and Ashley. Here are pics of the event (of course!)
Finished in 2 hours 9 minutes even.
Overall rank: 675th of 1556
Age/sex division rank: 44th of 156
I was pretty proud. Pretty glad to be finished! I beat my goal time of finishing in 2 hours 15 minutes. AND I had a good time with two friends: Stacey and Ashley. Here are pics of the event (of course!)
Before the race, before the sun came up.


Finishers! Ashley, Me, Stacey (I am the only goof still wearing my medal!)
Gettin' Our Stretch On
In Brookstone after the Half Marathon--we found the Massagers! Aaaaaahhhhh..
Ashley's husband, Lathan, has the BEST candy cabinet in the whole world...I was in heaven! 
Good for you!!!! That's awesome that you finished in such a great time!!
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure you deserved ALL of the candy in that cabinet! :)
I am so proud of you. Can't wait to do this side by side next month. Is that candy cabinet seriously that organized? Wow!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the half-marathon! I'm so proud of you. You always work so hard for things you want to accomplish!
ReplyDeleteCongrats for finishing! That's so awesome that even though you wanted to give up you finished! Keep it up!
ReplyDelete