September 20, 2009

Laissez le Bon Temp Rouler! A NOLA photo-blog.

This is what they say in N'awlins! Translation: Let the Good Times Roll!

Josh and I spent the past week in New Orleans as a little "get away" trip to celebrate my graduation and passage into adult-world. We figured that this may be one of the last care-free vacations we get so we'd better take it while we can (and boy, did we)! Despite going to New Orleans just last June, we couldn't come up with a better alternative in such a short time (only 6 days to plan it) and for such a small amount of money. New Orleans is relatively cheap anyways, but being that it is hurricane season it is REALLY cheap! So, we took our chances and our umbrellas and took a road trip to The Big Easy. We stayed in the same hotel as last time, making it an even cheaper trip because the hotel comp'd our parking, saving us over $100! (YAY) We had a great time: ate a lot, drank a lot, and were quite merry!

Amazing shrimp Po-Boy Sandwich and Josh's Cajun goodness
You know you're in Louisiana when the "Silver People" have silver gators! Speaks for itself: New Orleans' Amazing Audubon Zoo Cafe Du Monde, every morning (amazing beignets and cafe au lait)French Quarter Art on the Street
French Quarter Music on the Street French Quarter Weirdos on the Street
French Quarter Knowledge on the StreetSt. Louis Cathedral, breathtakingly beautiful
Horse ties in front of our (haunted) hotel
A New Orleans, above-ground, cemetery (verrry neat!)
Cemetery Kitty (scared the living daylights out of me when she came out of nowhere!)
A typical "Voodoo" (crap) souvenir shop--every other store on Bourbon Street
For the Love of Bourbon (Street)
The view of St. Louis Cathedral from Bourbon Street (isn't it beautiful?!)
The Muffaletta, a NOLA tradition
The Mighty, Mighty Mississippi River
We liked the food (and beverage), A LOT
Happy Half-Way to Saint Patty's Day!
(celebrated with a famous Hurricane at the famous Pat O'Brien's!)Cuttin' a Rug on this "holiday"
The French Market and all its craziness!
And that, my friends, is a photo blog. It took me forever to download these pics so I hope you enjoy them. AND I hope that you don't think that all we (I) did was drink yummy beverages. I walked A LOT too! Ta-ta for now!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys had some much fun! That elephant picture is adorable... I might steal it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun!!! Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous! Ben and I love New Orleans and are so ready to go back!!! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures:

    - Was the alligator real? If so, I gotta tell you - I am feeling kind of bad for it.
    - The cat at the cemetery was crazy colored - don't know if I have ever seen one like that.
    - Holy food and beverage - pretty sure none of your readers are worried about if you were walking it off or not goober!
    - Love the pic of the elephant - he looks like he's having so much fun.

    Glad you guys had a good trip. I just now realized you had posted.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete