This morning Stacey and I ran in the FunFitness 5K in Paducah, KY. I was really excited about this race b/c Jerry and Estella Hayes from the Biggest Loser were going to be there. If you will remember from the finale, Jerry was the "At-Home" biggest loser! This is pretty much my favorite show in the world, so I was absolutely beside myself to be meeting one of the WINNERS!!! Josh was excited, too, so he drove us girls up to Paducah. Unfortunately, the weather was miserable, raining cats and dogs along with crazy lightening and thunder. I was thinking they would call the race for safety, but they ended up just postponing it till the lightening let up. We started the race in the pouring rain...and at about the half-way point the lightening started back up. And bad. Stacey is scared to death of storms so I figured she'd be finito at this point! BUT she is a trooper and finished the race!! And in great time: 32 min something seconds. I was so proud! She said she ran a full 16 min before stopping to walk--WAY TO GO STACEY!! To top it off, she won a 1-hour Swedish massage door prize- uh yeaaahh! I was pretty excited too b/c I won 1st place in my age division (for women) with 25:29ish. And my highlight was getting multiple pics with Jerry and Estella (who are so so so nice) and talking with them for, like, 30+ minutes!! I learned the ins-and-outs of BL Ranch and who hooked up with who, who was nuts, and who's coming back to the Ranch for the 8th season! All the BL gossip. It was sooo fun and I was star-struck to say the least. Such a wonderful and friendly couple, and so incredibly deserving of the new lifestyle with which they have attained. Here are the pics from the morning--prepare yourself for the wet-dog look! Janine, Meet Jerry:
Estella and Jerry, Before Biggest Loser
After Biggest Loser, and with their new friend (ME!)
That's awesome! You need to fill me in on the BL gossip! That is so cool that you met Jerry! And Hello!!! That is freakin awesome that you won your age group! Great job! Wish you were around here to run with us! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteWow! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteYou rock girl! So proud of you #1: running in the rain & #2: winning your age division - woot, woot! I am so super freaky deaky jealous that you met Jerry and Stella. I know you LOVED it! Thanks for telling us all about it.
ReplyDeleteThat's great! I loved BL too! I started watching it first while I was pregnant w/ Simon. Instead of losing weight w/ them I was gaining as much as they lost per week! Congrats on your 1st place finish! I know how hard you must have to work for that!
ReplyDelete