If you know me, you know that I LOVE sweets. If you really know me, then you know that I cannot resist something that is sweet and says "Limited Edition" on the package. I have a nasty habit of purchasing large quantities of food items (some may call it stocking up) that I don't need when I stumble upon something that is of a shortened supply or truncated time period. Especially if that something has sugar in it. It is very sad, but if it is my worst habit then oh well! It creates a fun laugh amongst friends, and is a great conversation started when in a new crowd. So, it isn't all bad! Some of my most memorable limited edition foods have been: Banana Split Oreos (oh my), Raspberry M&M's, Edy's Slow Churned Sammoa Girl Scout Cookie IceCream (pretty sure this is still around b/c of me!), and Mint Three Musketeer's (again, this item has integrated into our culture b/c of me). I will search high and low to find the latest Limited Edition products if I catch wind of it. Right now I have caught on to 3 amazing new finds:
1) Blue Bell Ice Cream: Groom's Cake Flavor
OMG *yes, I said OMG* this is good. Here is what you will look for in your grocer's freezer section.

In case you are wondering, it is chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake pieces, and chocolate covered strawberry heart pieces, swirled together with chocolate icing and strawberry. Uh-may-zing.

2) Blue Bell Southern Blackberry Cobbler. 'Nough said. It is pretty dang good too, but a different good from the Grooms cake. (carton looks like the one above, but pink) It has a 4th of July kind of feel to it...makes me think of front porch, summer time, and American flags. Try it... I would love to know what images it conjures up in your mind.
These are my latest obsessions. I am still on the hunt for two particular items, Coconut M&M's and Raspberry Three Musketeers. If you see these in your local store, and you think of me, pick them up, and send them this direction! You will for sure make the blog...
The strawberried peanut butter m&m's sound like they might taste like the peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich I just had! If I see some around, I may have to try them!
ReplyDeleteyou can get a BIG bag at Benton Walmart! :) (just so ya know..)
ReplyDeleteYou are so funny. I don't know if I can be trusted with any type of ice cream that doesn't say (1/2 the calories) on the carton. You go girl - eat your blue bell! Um...the M&M's - how did you find those? And the things you are "on the hunt" for - where did you see them first? Do you routinely check Mars's website to see whats new? Ha! I deffo want to try the M&M's so I will be looking. I will keep my eyes peeled for your requests as well. I don't typically peruse candy aisles but for you my bff I will do anything ~ all in the name of SUGAR! mmmmm don't you just love how that word rolls off your lips. tee hee hee. ttyl
ReplyDeleteLOL! Love your "secret" obsession! I'm never daring enough to spend money on a flavor that I'm not sure if I will like :) I think that makes me boring!
ReplyDeleteI'm in love w/ the Raspberry M&Ms but I'm not having any luck finding them! I absolutely LOVE raspberry stuff! That's my 'flavor' at Bath & Body! I'll definitely be on the look-out for the Raspberry 3 Muskateers (man I can't spell)! I know I like the mint ones (now they make mint Snickers I think too). Sounds D-LICIOUS!!!!
ReplyDelete