October 11, 2008
To Lindsy:
Lindsy: You will never know how much doing this with you has affected me. I know myself so much better now. I know you so much better. And I love love love what I have come to know. Susan may have gotten on to us for doing everything together, "waiting" for eachother...but I wouldn't have had it any other way. We started this journey together, we finished this journey together. We laughed, we bitched, we cried. We loved every minute of it, even if we didn't want to get in the cold pool, or get up at the butt-crack of dawn. I cannot wait to start another journey with you. I think back to the last 5 months, and I get teary. I think of you in your swim cap and I laugh b/c I know I look just as ridiculous (if not more), and how, as the time went on, seeing you in your swim cap just became the norm. Because of you, I learned to put aside my "mental blocks" in running, and allow my body to just go with it. And we watched each other bite it on the bike. I tell the stories to others and no one else "gets it" like you do. No one else knows exactly the feelings I felt throughout this journey, except you. I guess that is when you know you have a best friend: you don't have to verbalize it, she just knows. I am going to miss you more than words will ever explain when I move, but we share something that knows no distance. I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awwww. Thanks Neenie! We are so mushy...and I LOVE it! Ha! I couldn't have said it better myself. Let's do it again and again and again! Hugs! Lindsy
ReplyDelete