Finn continued to play club soccer for Mayfield Elite and was able to exchange his #7 jersey for his favorite #27! (The season started with the old uniform...) He had a great season as his team moved to 11v11 on a larger field. Finn went from a predominantly left wing player to learning to be a left back defensive player and he did really well in this position. His coach told him he would be a "dangerous" player in high school with his ability to play both positions well. So we are excited to watch him develop!
I didn't get as many pictures of Finn this season - they didn't have a bunch of games and with 4 kids playing soccer I wasn't able to be at all of his games. But I am thankful for other parents who did share pictures with me!
While the boys did not bring home any Gold medals this season, they did bring home 2 silver medals from their 3 tournaments - not too shabby for their first season playing in a new bracket, which automatically brings a lot of change! Their third tournament was a bit of a wash because weather actually cancelled a game and so they were set up for failure from a points system from the beginning. This mentally wore the boys down, their game times all got changed and made for a frustrating end of the season, especially coming home without a medal.
| sideline siblings! |
| I clearly have a daredevil... |
| silver in Memphis - I was in Nashville with Maclyn |
| both kiddos brought home silver!! |
| finalists in the Murray tournament |
| I made Finn smile through the pain - and reminded him that sometimes things just aren't fair but he did all that he could do and he did well. |
| Gamma and Poppy made it to watch the kids! |
| Luckily the girls had a friend to play with! |
No comments:
Post a Comment