January 17, 2023

White(ish) Christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! It is hard for me to believe that we have already entered 2023...I honestly feel like life got stuck in 2020 and I am in denial that we have quickly moved on! But here we are, into a new year! This year we have a big celebration: we will have a teenager! Yes, I'm already preparing myself for it...

It didn't necessarily snow on Christmas, but we had snow on Christmas! It snowed hard a couple days before and it was so cold that it stuck around for several days. Initially it was way too cold for the kids to enjoy it outside, but after Christmas the temperature was a balmy 32-degrees and the kids and the pup sledded and thoroughly enjoyed the white stuff.

Christmas was different for me this year, and it kind of makes me sad. I woke up Christmas morning with a horrid stomach bug. It wiped me out! I managed to get it together to watch the kids open presents, but kept having to get up to go throw up and Keagan reminded me at one point that it was my 5th time to get up. Despite it all, I managed to catch some pictures of the kids and remember a little bit. And Josh did a great job of getting pre-opening pictures of everyone for me while I hung out in the bathroom. Luckily I was only completely out that day, and was able to enjoy my kids and the rest of the Christmas break! But I won't lie, this was terrible!!

Our 2022 Christmas Card!

This dog LOVED the snow! Even though the "feels like" temps were below zero!



No matching jammies...and nothing fancy! But these kiddos (and pup!) are ready for Santa!


Christmas cookies plated and milk poured...the Owens-4 are ready












this sweet child's faces were the best!



ski goggles for a ski trip he was getting to go on with our church's youth group at NYE


Mbappe soccer jersey

Ronaldo soccer jersey and goal pose!







waiting to open their gift from Grandma...airplane tickets to go see her at Spring Break!



Maclyn took this picture of me...I call this death. Haha! 

I came alive for a minute at the end of the day...and everyone wanted snuggles




















Aunt Hannah got Finn a basketball hot cocoa cup so he had to be photographed shooting marshmallows!


Axel's new duds match my Christmas decor!

Because I essentially missed all the yummy Christmas food (and because Finn really wanted ham for Christmas supper), we did another Christmas supper a few days later. While Finn requested ham, I requested a caramel pie! Josh came through and it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment