May 8, 2019

Lookout Mountain and Rock City

The first part of our last full day in Chattanooga started out with cool temps but beautiful sunshine. So we decided to head up into the mountains and check out Lookout Mountain and Rock City. We weren't sure how "hiking" in the mountain rocks would go with 4 little kids, two of which are not the easiest. You decide which two aren't easy. haha!

Everything seemed to be going just fine until we came upon a passage named Needle's Eye. I didn't think I would fit with Ivy...but we made it!

During this trip Maclyn decided to make picture taking more difficult by sticking both her pointer fingers in her nostrils. Look at the second picture!

This bridge! Looking back at the pics kind of gives me the shakes. I knew it was coming up but I tried not to think about it as we hiked. I don't particularly care about thrill rides or heights or unstable bridges. I thought I'd be ok on the swing bridge, but I won't lie: I couldn't get to the other side quickly enough. It was frightening and I was scared Maclyn was going to go over the edge somehow. I was having a hard time holding her hand, holding the "railing," and I also felt like I needed to keep a hand on Ivy. I smiled for pics, but it was not my favorite.

Hey! That's Lookout Mountain!! Almost there...

From this point you can "see" 7 states!


I caption this picture "Every Party Has a Pooper."  (We bring our own party pooper with us on vacation. Finn just has such a hard time letting his unrealistic expectations go and he takes it out on his family. Let's just say that he pouted so much during this portion of the trip I was sure his face was going to get stuck like this! And it all started with the stupid gift shop.)

Snack Time!

I loved this See Rock City birdhouse photo-op! And the kids were actually excited to let me get their picture. Of course, Maclyn had to give me her new trademark fingers-in-nose pose. (And yes, I got a souvenir birdhouse and ornament from this trip...which didn't help Finley's party pooper case any)

Fatman's Pass - we all made it!

(you're welcome for yet another Maclyn nose-pose pic)

Hey! We got a smile from Finn!!

The next part of Lookout Mountain and Rock City was the fairyland caverns.

Sparkly rock walls lined the cave, they looked like millions of geodes all over the walls!

Throughout the cavern there were little areas with fairytale scenes lit up.


No comments:

Post a Comment