Since the end of September, Keagan has been singing Christmas songs. He is always, ALWAYS, singing, it just so happened the topic changed to Christmas when he started practicing for our church's Christmas program. And listen, this boy loves a good performance. While we sort-of (ok... really) got tired of hearing Go Tell it on the Mountain all.the.time, I know he enjoyed the practices and even thoroughly enjoyed the performance. He is a singing, dancing, musical little being and though sometimes it becomes irritating (as in, during supper or when he is supposed to be sleeping or when Josh and I would be attempting a conversation) I really do love that he loves to sing. He has always been good at replicating a tune.
The children began practicing at the end of September for the production, and I really wasn't sure what all it would entail. I heard all the songs and learned Keagan was a shepherd, but other than that I didn't know how long it would be or how detailed. The kids performed one of their songs at the morning services to entice people to come to the Sunday evening service to watch their production, and it was a packed house that night. We barely got a seat near the front. And when it began, I sat on the edge of my seat. The children acted, sang, and detailed the story of Christmas for 45 minutes and we all laughed and cried. They did so wonderful! It was beautiful. The real meaning of Christmas is beautiful in and of itself but when pure and faithful children narrate it, it takes on a whole new meaning.
Can you spot Keagan? He is a shepherd!
The next night both boys participated in their school's Christmas program. As you can imagine, Keagan was very vocal around the house about the songs he had to sing. But Finley was not. In fact I tried to make him practice Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer one day, and he sang maybe the first two words, then quit. Josh and I honestly expected nothing from him on the night of his program. He is sort of shy and not really one to perform, both at home and in public situations. My pictures do not do it justice, but he sang every word of every song and even did the hand motions! He didn't really smile, at all, while he was up there...but he participated! So maybe he just "knows" what he has to do and doesn't need the practice? Or maybe he couldn't get a word in edgewise because his brother takes up all the vocal space...singing or talking... (probably the latter)
Oh sweet boys. Wish I could have heard their sweet voices. Precious moments indeed!
ReplyDelete