August 5, 2015

Doin' Guy Stuff

Keagan and Finn think their daddy hung the moon and is pretty much the coolest person ever. From his "mus-mash" (mustache) to his guns to his armpit hair, nothing beats hanging out with their dad. And I love that Josh reciprocates these feelings with his little men. Josh has two best friends in the making and he knows it! Whenever Josh pulls out a gun to clean, site, whatever, the boys immediately clamor around him to check it out. They are just itching to go do guy stuff and go hunting and fishing with their daddy. So the other day, we took the boys shooting. (YES! WE! I really enjoy shooting too...though I need lots and lots and lots of practice. Even Keagan will tell you...)

Keagan got his first gun for Christmas a while back and hasn't had a chance to shoot it. He was so excited to try it out. Of course, my camera was ready. There were a lot of lessons on gun safety for both boys prior to and during our stay at the gun range. And they both minded pretty well, and Keagan especially seemed to understand. 

Keagan LOVED it and was super proud of his first shot! He actually hit the target, and not too far from the bulls-eye! In fact, this first shot was not beginners luck; he hit the target 95% of the time. At one point he was shooting a specific part of the target (right of the bulls-eye) and when asked to point to the spot he was aiming at on another similar target, he pointed to the right of the bulls-eye!! We were floored...and he was super proud of himself. I think Josh saw some extra future deer antlers on a wall...

Here is Keagan's first shot!!!!

Next up was Finn's turn. He is still too little to "get it," but not to be over-looked he had to shoot too. Josh held the gun for him, lined it up with the target, then let Finn pull the trigger. This was good enough for him! I don't know if being a "lefty" makes a difference at this age, but I did note that in my pictures he pulled the trigger with his left hand! And he couldn't quite figure out how to hold it. Nevertheless, Finn was thrilled to swap shooting turns with Keagan! 

I just cannot get over that my big boy is big enough for this kind of thing. But I LOVED watching him!! And I got a kick out of his little serious face with scrunched up nose while he was lining up the target, and the way he critiqued himself after each shot. He wants to be just like his daddy (armpit hair and all!). One thing that I also love is the random stickers on his arm that he found in one of my Boden catalogs! Don't think his daddy would do that though...

Checking out their target!

This face!!!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment