Daily I look at my boys and my heart does somersaults and my breath catches. I am madly in love with my children...they have my heart. All too often I wish I could capture moments on film or video. But I already drive my family crazy with my camera and so I just try and soak in their sweetness and their sassy-ness and their innocent love. If they'd let me, I would snuggle and squeeze and kiss on them all day long. But alas, I have two rambunctious little boys who, though they do love their momma, don't have time for "all that mess."
But...the other day I wanted to play with my camera and some different lighting techniques so I forced them to be participating subjects. I got some sweet pictures but I don't think I learned anything about my camera/lighting. Isn't that how it goes? In fact, I was quite frustrated when all was said and done. But looking back at these in full size, my heart leaps.
Is your heart screaming to snuggle and love on them yet?!! Mine is...but they are in bed! (Never wake a sleeping child...) These two boys will never know how lucky they are to have each other, to have their own best friend in the bunk above/below them. There is nothing better to me than watching these two boys together. (p.s. none of these pictures are posed...not even the ones that look it!)
OK. I feel certain that my comment will in no way come close to conveying what I want it to but here goes. Neene - these pictures are stunning. Honestly. I've no idea what technique you were using/setting you were working with but regardless of your critical eye, trust when I tell you - they are incredible. I love them...each one. Good job Mommy. Now, spill your secrets so I can try to copy you. ha ha!
ReplyDeleteAlso, is it me or is Keagan a spitting freaking image of Wesley? I mean c'mon...is he? Sure seems like it to me. Perkins genes for sure!
OK. I feel certain that my comment will in no way come close to conveying what I want it to but here goes. Neene - these pictures are stunning. Honestly. I've no idea what technique you were using/setting you were working with but regardless of your critical eye, trust when I tell you - they are incredible. I love them...each one. Good job Mommy. Now, spill your secrets so I can try to copy you. ha ha!
ReplyDeleteAlso, is it me or is Keagan a spitting freaking image of Wesley? I mean c'mon...is he? Sure seems like it to me. Perkins genes for sure!