April 10, 2015

Egg Hunting

Easter Egg Hunts are all the rage 'round here. There is nothing better to my boys than hunting for eggs that contain candy. Church...school...home...Easter egg hunts are all the rage this time of year. Usually egg hunts take place outside and usually at this time of the year the weather is somewhat warm. Unfortunately during the first egg hunt it was something like 37 degrees! And, yes, I didn't put coats on my kids. Denial at its finest.

These pics are from the egg hunt at our church. I have said it before, and I will say it again and again: we are part of an amazing church that does so much for children. The seeds are certainly being planted...  (like my 2 year old singing "Hallelujah! Hallelujah! We're Going to see the King!" at a Mexican restaurant tonight)

Unfortunately Josh had to work this weekend so he missed out on the fun, but luckily Gama and Poppy came down to help and participate in the fun. And thankfully, because I am only one person (with one camera!) and the boys went to separate areas, Stacey took some pictures of Keagan hunting eggs since I went with Finley.

Finn taking his Poppy out to where the eggs are...

Finn is so funny...I mean serious personality in this little package. He would pick up an egg, "Ooooh" at it and if he liked it he'd put it in his basket. Or he throw it back on the ground. And like King Kong he would walk on the eggs, crushing and cracking them. And then once he finally got the hang of what he was supposed to do, he was trying to take eggs from the little babies. All in all he had a great time!

And then there's my big boy. He was in it to win it, according to Gama. She said he filled up his basket quickly. And then he was done. (Side note: at his school egg hunt a few days later, he asked me to send a bigger basket with him so he could hunt more. Haha! I think he's figured this out...) Keagan got to hunt eggs with his buddies Annie and Reagan...their parents actually put jackets on them...

Because of the cold the egg hunts were fast...there was no dawdling outside for too long. Kids were back inside checking out their loot in no time! And this year both my boys found a "Golden Egg" ticket and got to pick a prize.

 Malone Family and Stacey's parents

 Oh My. These babies are getting WAY WAY WAY too big. Look at them!! So sweet.

I love these boys so so much. 

And I love this beautiful woman...its so fun to enjoy stuff like this with her and her family.

More Easter coming up soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment