October 29, 2014

Fall Soccer

We tried it again! We said we wouldn't, but we did. And Keagan wanted to play...at least in the beginning. Here are some pictures from this entire season. I really don't have a lot to say because this was a very frustrating and exhausting season. Mostly because Keagan really goofed off most of the time and didn't even try, not even a little bit. Plus, Finley was very difficult and Josh was only able to come to one game all season. It was waaaaay more work for me than it was worth. And I hate that I am saying it, but I didn't really enjoy it and nor did Keagan. At least I don't think. I do, however, think Finn will probably want to play next season because it was hard to keep him on the sidelines. Now, saying all this has made me feel a little bad. So I guess I should add this in: Keagan played with 5-6 year olds, they were huge compared to him. They were also significantly more mature and more dedicated. He just turned 4 in June but was just at the cut-off and instead of keeping him in the U4 (under 4, which I would have preferred) group, they bumped him up to the U6 group. So, I guess I should give Keagan a little credit.

First practice of the season...it was already cold! And Finn demanded (DEMANDED) that he wear soccer shoes, too. That first practice was rough because Finn didn't understand that he could not run out and play with the big boys. He screamed. And he is a loud screamer. And he cried. And I was by myself. It was embarrassing...and I feel certain the other parents were judging. Luckily about 45 minutes in, he became interested in the food I had brought.

Keagan's first game. It was fr-fr-fr-freezing and windy. Luckily Finn did better this time, and Keagan got a lot of play time. He really enjoys being out on the field vs. being on the bench but the boy does not pay a bit of attention to what is going on around him! He is typically off in la-la land. I think he did make contact with the ball twice during this game, so that was super exciting!

A couple of pictures another parent took of the boys playing soccer...the second picture below is pretty classic of how Keagan looked this season. Just "whatever" the whole time! Ha! I look back now and don't know why I felt so frustrated with him because he looks like he was having fun doing his own thing, but it was hard to watch him not give a darn about what was going on!

Our last soccer games: the weather was gorgeous! Imagine, the end of October and the temps were in the high 70s. The trees in the background of these pictures are awesome! It was such a good day! I had hoped Keagan would play a little better this time, since it was our last game, but nope! In looking at these pictures, I am sure you are saying "He looks like he is doing sooo good! What are you talking about, Janine?!" Well, feel free to think that...still pictures can make anyone look good. But poor Keagan usually ran one direction and looked another direction, pushed his teammates to the ground then fell on top of them, and hardly made contact with the ball at all. But I am noticing from these pictures that he did all this with a smile on his face! Oh well...maybe we will find his niche next year. He was pretty proud of his metal, though!

The boys were asked to make silly faces and act crazy...this is what we got. Yikes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment