October 9, 2014

Day 3a - Downtown Disney

Day 3 (part A): An "off" day...kinda. We got up and took our time and then made our way to Downtown Disney. It was a fun place, a little different pace. I had hoped that we would enjoy Downtown Disney and then make our way back to the resort to nap prior to that night because we had tickets to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and we knew we would be up until at least midnight! But. That didn't happen. We lounged too long in the morning, then the transportation from our resort to Downtown Disney was insane (took forever on the bus) and then it rained like crazy while we were there. But we enjoyed the low-key time we had and the food and tried to not stress about the rain...

Welcome to Downtown Disney!!

Our first stop was this cool little t-shirt shop where the boys could make their own shirts. We tried to let them pick everything on their own...but seriously they needed some guidance. Don't judge me, but I am not about letting my son wear his choice: pink shirt with Elsa and Anna on it. I get that they are pretty and he probably has a little-kid crush on them...but Josh and I didn't think he needed to wear them. So we redirected to Buzz and Woody...and Keagan was tickled about that! Finn actually wanted to just push buttons and could care less who was on his shirt. So we assisted him as well...and he was just as thrilled to push the button for Buzz and Woody.
After designing their shirts the boys were given teeny-tiny white shirts to put into the machine and get sucked up and around the store to where they would magically be turned into the shirts they (we) designed.
When we came back to get them, Keagan promptly took his shirt off! I didn't expect them to want to wear them right away...but they did! And, again, because we were in Disney they were allowed to do it. Why not?

From there we moved on to the coolest toy store. I took a ton of pictures of the boys running through this store, touching everything (I am sure they loved us), and squealing with delight when they found something they wanted! Josh and I enjoyed it and couldn't wait to buy the kids something! We had been in and out of souvenir shops a bunch already and our boys really made me proud. They asked for things throughout but we gave them a simple "Not right now" and they didn't ask again. I was super impressed. Keagan typically asked for toys "for his birthday" and so that is easy to respond to with a "maybe!" Finn pretty much just took toys off the shelves, studied them, and then put them back when asked to. Because they had done so good with other souvenir shops we were excited to let them get a couple toys each!
Make Your Own Light Saber...

We ate at this yummy restaurant called Raglan Road, an Irish pub, and it had these little fried sausages on forks. I mean, already forked food...does it get any better? That's Keagan's hand reaching in...he loved them.   

The LEGO store!! My boys are JUST getting into Legos (well, Duplos). Well, they were just getting into them and then we came here. I now want to be a Lego builder and wanted to buy everything in this store. But of course, Legos are insanely expensive!!! (Have you priced them lately?? Yikes!) 
Finn had to "touch" and "touch" and "touch" every piece he could get his hands on. But I cannot blame him. Check out this Lego wall...I wanted to touch it all too...and maybe take a bite here and there (it looks like candy!)...
Woody and Buzz were made out of Legos!!
Look Mom!!! I want this!!!  .... And can I get this too, pwease?? Pwease???   (I'm sure the big box he is holding is only, like, $159...and only, like, 15,000 teensy pieces. I am not ready.)

Stay Tuned...that night we braved the thunder.lightning.torrential rain for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party...

1 comment:

  1. The shirt thing is so super cute and looks like tons of fun! How cool that they actually insert a tiny t. Uber creative - I bet their little imaginations were just a workin'. That toy store looks LEGIT. Oh my heavens. I can't imagine what my kids would act like. That lego wall is insane....I've never seen anything like it. I know people whose kids love legos but we're not there (yet?). I'm excited to read about the par-tay!

    ReplyDelete