June 28, 2013

Happiest 5K on the Planet

On June 8th, five of us girls (and one hubby) met in Louisville to run the famous nation-wide Color Run. We set up this meeting months and months in advance (actually, it was set up before Christmas of last year!) and it was all to celebrate Courtney's birthday. We have all run "together" in some form or fashion with Courtney being the center of the wheel, having run with everyone. This run was exactly 9 weeks after my stroke...and you'd better believe I was nervous at first that I wouldn't be able to participate. So, while the event was in celebration of Courtney's birth, it was a personal celebration of being back in the saddle and proving to myself that I am capable of continuing the things I love, and of running the entire 5K without stopping and being able to comfortably keep up with a group of great runners. It makes me kinda itch to get back to longer distance races...but all in good time. We had a blast, shared lots of laughter, and enjoyed every aspect of the Color Run. Here are our before, during, and after pictures!!

Left to Right: Me, Chelsea, Tammy, Courtney and Brett, Lindsy...and then the backs of our shirts, which say "Birthday Girl's Posse" (and Court's says "Run Birthday Girl Run!"

During the color run....
And after....

So much fun!!!! This weekend was centered around this run, but we jam-packed it full and there are several more posts to go! But first, I am gonna break in to bring you Finley's 11-month milestone next....stay tuned!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to "bounce" back to running so well! I'm just so happy you are ok! The race looked super fun!

    ReplyDelete