January 15, 2013

Little Christmas

Here recently while I was in a patient's house, she was telling me about "Little Christmas." I had never heard the term before, but she enlightened me. It is actually the feast of the Epiphany (for all you Catholics out there..) and is celebrated on January 6th. It is when the Three Wise Men (aka "We Three Kings") brought gifts of frankincense, gold, and myrrh to baby Jesus. The day before this is the 12th day of Christmas (January 5th)...I always thought the 12 days of Christmas were leading up to Christmas (as is sensationalized in the media) vs Christmas and 12 days following. Interesting.
 
This is all to lead up to my blog of our family Christmas taking place on Little Christmas Eve (January 5th). And here we thought we were late in our celebrating! But not at all! We celebrated on the 12th day of Christmas! Right on time, if I do say so myself!
 
My sweet boys hanging in Mom and Dad's bed...funny little boys. Attack of the little one!
 
Keagan's present from us: a Kitchen and Shopping Cart! (he likes to pretend he is going to Wal-Mart...and then cooks us donuts)
 
Rounding the corner to see what awaits him! (pretty sweet Superman jammies, huh? You're jealous.)
 
Checking our his new kitchen! And he finally gets what all the food is for (Grandma got him loads of food and dishes for Christmas) 
 
Reading his books and checking out his other presents from his Great Grandma Gail and his Great Aunt Angie...the boy loves to read!
 
Playtime!! (A real man cooks in his undies)
 
Happy bald-headed baby!
 
Talking on the (fake) phone to none-other than his Aunt Stacey. Funny Kid.
 
And this, my friends, wraps up my Christmas blog posts. Phew! :)

3 comments:

  1. That kitchen is so cute!!! He will have so much fun playing with it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super jealous that you've wrapped up your christmas blogging...some of us still have several more posts coming and we're in a new year...whatever! The superman pictures are precious as is the one of him in his little manties. That kitchen is bombin...where'd ya'll snag that. Wait...lemme guess: sams? So fun! Oh, I learned a new lesson too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha welllll actually, we got it super cheap from Target.com! And free shipping too! The Christmas post thing, well I combined like 12 posts in one! :)

      Delete