October 16, 2012

We love a parade.

Who doesn't love a parade? They are in celebration of fun events, there is music, fire-trucks, marching bands, and candy! I mean, what's not to love? We have been taking Keagan to parades since he was a wee-baby. The past two weekends we have gone to parades. We went to a fall festival parade and then the MSU homecoming parade (an annual favorite in the Owens household).  Keagan enjoyed labeling all the modes of transportation that passed by and equally enjoyed picking up candy. Unfortunately he doesn't scurry around like the big kids to get as much candy as he can, and sometimes he gets left out when candy is thrown. I guess it is because he is still little? They (the candy throwers) obviously don't know who this child's momma is...and what I am trying to condition him to be. (Yes, I want my kid to get all the candy he can...pinatas be ware...any dentists out there should just stop reading now) Ahem, anyways...Keagan had a good time. And he ended up with a pretty good stash, of which I have only eaten the candy that I know he cannot (jawbreakers, laffy taffy...).


And finally, this is what happens to my child when his newest obsession (Thomas the Tank Engine) suddenly appears on our television:

All things Thomas are on this kid's mind 24/7...and I am not joking. He asks for Thomas on the t.v., Thomas on the pi-pad (iPad), Thomas upstairs (his train set), church and Thomas (our church nursery has a train table...), Thomas, Thomas, Thomas. We are using Thomas as leverage with potty training. Slowly, I think we are making progress....

No comments:

Post a Comment