October 19, 2012

Behind the Camera

I have a lot of pregnant friends, or friends who have recently had babies. It really is in the water. A good friend of mine, who I met almost two years ago when I first started doing PRN work after Keagan was born, is expecting her third baby any day now! Misty is also a physical therapist and we have timed our pregnancies just right, as I am returning to work on Monday and will be covering her maternity leave! I have really enjoyed getting to know her over the past almost-two years and have recently had the opportunity to get to know her family better since she asked me to take her maternity pictures. I was very flattered by this, and scared-to-death at the same time as she is actually a photographer herself. I have never taken pictures in a "photo-shoot" type setting and really never thought of myself as good enough to do so. But Misty had seen some of my amateur photography skills on my blog and thought that I was up to the challenge. To say I was intimidated is an understatement (I mean, HELLO, she is a photographer!). I really wanted to provide her with good quality pictures to document this exciting time for her and her family. I am glad for the challenge because it was so very much fun. I did some research on pinterest, studied up on other maternity shoots including my own, and talked with her about what she was looking for. Last week she thought she was going to have the baby (gender unknown!) before we got a chance to take the pics, so we scurried to get them done. For my first time playing photographer (other than my own children), I really think they turned out great! I mean, they aren't professional, but it was a great learning experience and forced me to learn to use my photo-editing software as well as taught me to think outside the box with my camera.

Misty is a beautiful momma-to-be. She kept saying that she isn't very photogenic, but I disagree 100%. She is naturally stunning. Something about a pregnant belly is so beautiful, and then add that to the love that she has for her growing family. Simply amazing.


I just learned that today is Misty and Joey's anniversary. So, Happy Anniversary!! Maybe this sweet baby will makes his/her grand appearance TODAY! :) But if not, I hope you enjoy these pictures. I sincerely appreciate you allowing me to photograph such a huge event in the life of your family. I had so much fun taking these pictures and I cannot wait to meet the little peanut that is so Fearfully and Wonderfully Made!

2 comments:

  1. Janine, thanks for the wonderful photos! You did a fantastic job on them. (I told you you had a good eye.) Joey said his publicist will be in touch! Thanks again for capturing my family at this special time in our lives.- Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute. Clearly she's happy too..awesome.

    ReplyDelete