July 10, 2011

Independence Day (A week late)

I guess it could be worse. I could be posting on the Fourth of July two weeks later. Life 'round these parts has been busy, y'all. We had Keagan's1st Birthday Party yesterday and that has been all-consuming so computer time has been seriously limited. 

Independence Day celebrations were two days long this year: first at Aunt Pat's annual get-together and then Sunday for food and fireworks at the lake. 

This year at Aunt Pat's it was baby-central!  My friend Ashley brought her little boy, Jake, who is nearly the same age as Keagan.  Remember this?  Our boys hadn't seen each other since they were teeny tiny newborns!  It was so fun seeing them "play" as 1-year olds.  Of course, Ashley and I had to get a picture of the two of us with our boys like we did nearly a year ago!  How about we make this picture a tradition, Ashley!?  :) 
 A Frog!!  (put on the boys by Josh...the frog didn't JUST appear!) 

Sunday was the Fireworks portion of our celebration with Stacey and Jarrett, Tassie and Joey, and Joey's daughter Kourteney.  We all ate dinner at a restaurant down on the lake then went and picked out our spot for fireworks.  We were there kinda early but that was A-okay with Keagan because we found him a playground!  And he was very entertained by Kourteney.  I think he loves her...

Our perfect-o spot!!
 And he was swingin'
 VERY out-of-focus picture but the grin is hilarious!  He was loving life!!
Gettin' schooled on the proper sliding techniques by daddy:
"Well, Son, how do you think you did?"  "It was fun dad, can I just lay here?"
 Joey, Tassie, and Kourteney
 It looks like L.O.V.E. to me! 
 "Whatcha got in there, big boy??"
"Betcha it isn't as cute as what I've got in mine!"  FINALLY a glimpse of Stacey's adorable baby bump!
 The whole gang!  HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!
 What I apparently look like at every get together...and it's just gonna get worse since I am taking a photography course this month!! 
 Show me Animal.  Grr, baby.  (no telling...)
 Getting ready to watch the fireworks!  (Keagan did great...no crying over the boom.  However I really think he was oblivious to the fireworks!)
 Stacey got some awesome shots:

I'm Proud to be an American.  Where at least I know I'm Free.  And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.  And I gladly stand up, next to you, and defend her still today. 'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land.  GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.!

2 comments:

  1. SUCH adorable pictures of Keagan (big surprise there). Where did you all go and see fireworks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to Moors for fireworks....they were good!

    ReplyDelete