Theme: Vintage Ice Cream Parlor Party....because Keagan LOVES ice cream!
Grandma and Keagan
Happy Family!
Grandpa doing what grandpas do best: put together big toys!
Keagan and Penn
Keagan and Tage playing in the sandbox
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream!
Gotta love a chocolate-covered Keagan!
Mary and Wesley
Don't mind if I do!
I told Hannah to take a picture of "the big picture" and I think she did a swell job! :)
Gotta love how little boys play!
Cupcake Time!! (#1 of 2 cupcakes!)
Can't miss a single spot...
Cupcake Numero Dos...after ants got the first one and he had to be moved to higher ground. The taking-away of the boy from his cake caused quite the tantrum. I have never seen him kick that way!Our Neighbors! Natalie (a sorority sister) and Justin and their boys Penn and Tage. Penn is only a couple months older than Keagan...I see lots of boy-fun in our future.
Mary Fitch, another sorority sister from college who I ran into this Spring for the first time since college. She has two little boys, too! I think Keagan is gonna have lots of buddies to play with. So fun to catch up with Mary and I can't wait to get together again soon!
When a boy is sticky and dirty, strip him nekked and wash him in a swimming pool!
I think Wesley wants to play in the water...
YAY! Water fun!! Can't beat a pool on a hot summer day... I think these boys had a big ol' time!
The morning of the party, Mom and I went for a walk and had a little friend tag along and follow us all the way home. Much to my initial disappointment, the pup stuck around alllllllll day. I kept thinking he would go home and was concerned that he was still there when we began setting up for the party. He was nice enough, but with little kiddos coming I didn't want to have him around...he was a stranger dog to me. I tried everything to get him to go away. But he stuck around throughout the party...he really was the sweetest dog ever! He looked hungry/thirsty so Oscar shared some of his food/water with him. He continued to make himself at home...even sleeping on our front porch step that night. He got many-a-name: Heinz 57, Snoop, Carl, Ed...these are all I can remember... I was convinced I had a new, outside dog; Josh was scared we had a new, outside dog. But he continued on his way the next morning! So, here is our sweet dog-for-the-day:
My beautiful sister, Hannah"Aunt" Tassie and Joey
Mary and Wesley
Phew. I feel a huge sense of relief having this blog post completed!! I have an even bigger sense of relief having this party over-and-done-with! :) Thank you to all our wonderful friends and family who showed Keagan such great love on his birthday. And to those who couldn't make it but sent your love (you know who you are!), we are just as appreciative of you!!! This has definitely been a big year for the Owens Family...I might even say the best year yet. Being parents has been the most amazing challenge ever and I am so pleased to have been given the opportunity to be a mommy. The year has flown by. I have heard it just continues flying and I hope that over the next year I can take a few breaths and enjoy every moment with my sweet TODDLER.
Everything looks so amazing! You did an awesome job. I'm so sad I missed it. Too funny that the doggy hung around for the partay. Love, love the decorations. Did you borrow someones cricut for all the decor? Loved his picture banner.
ReplyDeleteNah, girl! No cricut here...good ol' fashioned scissors. Ugh...this is why it was so much work! Haha! Glad you liked it all..I reminisced about the two parties I helped with for Kennedy as I schemed and prepared! :)
ReplyDeletewow! looks like you all had a great time - the decorations look great! So sorry we couldn't be there to celebrate with you guys. Love and miss you :)
ReplyDeleteLoved your theme :) looks Ike he had a wonderful birthday!
ReplyDeleteAwesome birthday party!!! Love the theme, love the decorations, love the photos! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you guys so much! We had a lot of fun...can't believe it has already come and gone.
ReplyDelete