October 25, 2010

Keagan's 4 month photo shoot

Before I get to Keagan's 4 month at-home photo shoot, he had 3 month pics done professionally.  Check out Shawna's website for the pictures! Here is one of them she took that we both about peed our pants over because we were laughing so hard! Obviously, not one that will go on the wall, but funny just the same!

Now onto 4 months...can you believe it??  My sweet baby, who spent nearly the first two weeks of his life hooked up to oxygen and IV's, is now four months old!  He is 1/3 the way to a year old! WOW. 

At his 4 month check-up, we learned he was perfect.

Well, duh! 

No, really.  He weighs 14 lbs, 7 ounces and is at the 50th percentile in weight for babies his age.  He is 25 inches long, so at the 65th percentile!  His head circumference is taking a little longer to catch up (which his doc says is totally normal) and is only at the 10th percentile.  He may have started out small and below average, but he has TOTALLY caught up!  We are so proud!

As usual, I could not post one picture, so there are several.  Enjoy!
Some info on Keagan at four months:
He loves to play on his back and grab at his toys...he gets upset if he cannot get a toy in his mouth because it is tethered to short above him.
He sleeps about 8 hours through the night (provided daily routine is not severely hindered!).
He smiles a lot and puts his whole body into it.
He still hates tummy time, but we push through it because his doctor said to.
He is a good traveller and has been to Lexington one weekend then Nashville twice the next weekend. 
He really likes Baby Einstein (and mommy likes that he likes it!).
He can almost hold his head up.
He gets upset if you mock his crying (this is daddy's thing...I would get upset, too!).
He has fat thighs and we love to squeeze them!
He has a belly button!  His umbilical hernia has nearly disappeared!  YAY! this means no surgery!
He has a set bedtime routine and gets bent out of shape if it isn't followed.

This past weekend Grandma and Aunt Hannah were in town to babysit while I participated in a good friend's wedding.  Pictures to come soon!  They thoroughly enjoyed Keagan time! :)

1 comment:

  1. Janine! He is so precious! I just want to squeeze him...I can't believe how fast he is growing!!! I wish I could've met him when you all were in KY. Pray you continue to enjoy every moment with your sweet Keagan.

    ReplyDelete