June 19, 2009

Our Fifth

My amazing husband and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary today. It amazes me how quickly time flies. It is so hard to believe that it will be 9 years this summer since we first met at Murray State University's "Summer O", realized we have several classes together, and became friends. We both commented today that we hardly remember life without the other in it. I used to wonder why I stayed in KY when my parents moved to Texas with the Army. It was because I was never meant to move along with them--this must be why it never crossed my mind to go. The intentions were already made for me to remain at MSU so I could fall in love with and marry my best friend. And I am so glad that I stayed. The past 5 years haven't always been easy--no marriage is perfect. But instead of turning away from each other during our disagreements, we turned towards each other. The past year has been a true test of the strength of our marriage, with Josh and I being "separated" while I finished school up in Lexington and Josh began our life in Benton. It definitely was the most difficult year of our marriage, but it was by no means hard on our marriage; we have come out on the other side stronger than ever and much better friends. Josh, I love you and am so excited about what the next five years will bring us! It is so nice to have someone to hold hands with as we embark on the journey of life.


"I do" June 19, 2004

2 comments:

  1. :) You have a great love story to share. So awesome! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww....sniff, sniff. Congratulations! Love y'all.

    ReplyDelete