I just watched the June 22nd episode of Jon and Kate +8 and could only cry. The emotions that I have right now are so difficult to weed through. First, I am wondering why I watch this, why I am so interested in their lives. Like Jon said, there are soldiers oversees who are dying for our country and I am still interested in their lives. I don't know why, but I am. Secondly, I cry for those 8 babies. It makes me sad/sick for them, that they will have this all documented as their parents separated and then divorced. No child should have to go through that once, let alone relive it forever on TV. They are just so innocent in all this. Third, I feel so bad for Jon and Kate. It is so obvious to me the struggle that they are going through--Jon seems complacent and Kate seems tired. It is so sad that they aren't communicating there feelings to each other, but to camera crews. I am so broken hearted for their family. Finally, and I have talked about this with several girlfriends over the past month or so (glad to know that I am not the only one who is so tuned in to this), but where is their faith in all this? Why haven't they talked about God? Why haven't they turned towards Him? I have not been in their place, and I pray that I never am, so I will not write my gut feelings and place blame on anyone for the dissolution of their marriage. People make mistakes, but I feel so sad that the adults who made the mistakes have caused lifelong suffering for 8 children. I just cannot imagine. Over the past year of Josh and I being "separated" our poor dog has exhibited unusual behavior and separation anxiety that he never had before. I can't imagine what this would do to a child (or 8 children). I just hope they turn towards each other in times of need, and not away from each other. I am not very good at getting my emotions out, so this is just my initial reaction...but it is what it is.
(On a lighter note, did Jon always have his ears pierced?? And does Kate look like Posh Spice/Victoria Beckham to you?)
I think Jon just pierced his ears. I think he's having an early mid-life crisis! Buying a new car, new motorcycle, etc. I thought it was so sad last night too! It breaks my heart. Why don't they go to a counselor? It's just so sad!
ReplyDelete