March 15, 2009

The Search Continues...

Today Josh and I went to another church-Hardin Baptist Church. I have to say it was the closest thing to Southland that we've come across yet; so I am re-energized in our search for the perfect church (it rhymes!). I wasn't sold on the preacher's style, but he is the youth pastor and not the normal pastor. So, we are going to give it another church. The church is relatively large compared to ones we've visited so far, and they have a decent praise and worship segment at the beginning. I sound so pessimistic, but I really miss Southland--so much more than I ever thought I would. We are going to give HBC another chance and maybe our prayers of finding a church home will be answered. I did have an epiphany this weekend: Josh and I have grown so much closer spiritually in this whole endeavor because until now, we've never really had to discuss what each of us desires in the "perfect church," we've just gone to church then gone home. For this new chapter in our relationship, I am so very thankful. (God does have a plan!)

On the decorating front: we had an interior decorator come into our home on Saturday to help us pick out paint for the main part of the house, and she gave us so many pointers that our heads were spinning by the time she left! And I do mean spinning- she walked through our home and gave a million and three pointers and I couldn't keep up with her! AAH. It was helpful, I guess, but also incredibly overwhelming. She walked through our master suite area (which is already painted, decorated, etc for the most part) and pointed out so many things that we should change! I could have cried!!! OH well, there is going to ALWAYS be something to change so I let her pointers roll off my back and decided that I wasn't going for a model home but a home where I can comfortably raise my family while also satisfying my own inner decorator. And that's that. We thanked her and then went and bought two gallons of paint to begin the ridiculous project of painting the main part of the house from gold to "silver fox"--pictures to follow whenever it's all done!

Finally- this last week was my first week of the second-to-last internship. I am at Hampton Physical Therapy in Paducah, KY, and all I really have to say is SO FAR SO GOOD! I love it so far and am so excited about getting into the real-world as a physical therapist.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the church search...and remember, no matter where you pick, you can always switch. What's most important is your personal realtionship with God ;0)

    And I would never let an interior decorator into my home...it would probably end in a verbal arguement. You are a brave woman.

    We're almost finished with Norah's room- hoping to post pictures soon. You will be so proud and I'll be happy to help yout out (maybe sometime soon...) if you like what I've done.

    ReplyDelete