ACK!! It is so hard to believe, but there are only two weeks to go until the BIG DAY!! AND I have finally reached my fundraising minimum! Now, all that is left to do is train train train...and that we did this weekend. Before I get into the training, I need to say a huge THANK YOU to all the wonderful people who came out to mine and Lindsy's
Zaxby's fundraiser this past Wednesday. What a huge turnout from friends from class and friends I haven't seen in a long while! Just so you know, we raised $136 dollars!
YAY for yummy chicken, good friends, and raising money for an excellent cause!! Here are some pics from the night---

The Fundraising Committee!

Cara's friend, Leslie, Cara, and Sarah

Billie, Jonathan, and Abby

Talia and Mike
Stephanie!!

Catherine, Mindy, Ellen, Emily, and Laura

Clay and Amanda
Laura, Ashley, Jenny, Holly, Julie, Catherine, Mindy
Treacy, Ruth, and Jennifer

Josh and Amber
Lauren, baby, and Brad
group shot!
This past saturday, Lindsy and I ran in a 5K that my Physical Therapy class put on. It was a great run for me, even though at the end of the race, I felt exhausted and like I wouldn't finish--an all to familiar feeling during every race. But despite these feelings, I finished with my best time! YAY 25 min 13 sec!! Lindsy pushed me pretty hard and I was able to keep up for the first 2 miles or so, with about 8 minute/miles! AND, on top of the excitement of having my PBR (Personal Best Record--Lindsy throws this term out a lot--and I like it), I placed 2nd in my age group! WHOO HOO!! And it was nice to follow my best friend, who came in first (GO LINDS!). Anyways, it was a great run and I felt proud...check out the pics:
Numero Uno and
Numero Duo...and don't you forget it! :)

PT friends! Julie, Jenny, Holly, and Me
After the race, I made a bee-line to Owensboro to see Josh for the "weekend." We had a nice evening of errands and went to a Ducks Unlimited banquet that evening...but my visit with him was short-lived because I had to get up at 6am to be back in Lexington for a swim and a 18mile bikeride of the Tri-For-Sight course. Unfortunately, I was (and still am!) incredibly sore this morning from pushing so hard in the 5K, so, while the swim went well, the bike was pretty tough. The course is no joke and my quads were SCREAMING. To make the bike ride a bit more interesting, I decided to strap my feet in for the first time and nearly bit it after crossing a busy intersection and trying to re-secure my foot into the pedal. I somehow went off the asphalt road and onto the cement next to the curb, and I couldn't get back onto the road b/c the road was higher than the cement boarder!!! So, my tires kept slipping back down and before I knew it, I was trying to keep from going down a storm drain. So scary. The poor girl behind me said she thought I was going down (and wondered how she was going to avoid going with me!). BUT, after it was all said and done, and I was over the shakes, I was told it was the best recovery ever. So, maybe I didn't bite it (thank God I didn't in the middle of mid-day traffic), but I came close enough to know that I really don't want to, either!
So, two more weeks to go....and I am wondering if I am really ready for this thing!!
Congratulations on meeting your fundraising goal! And a big WHOO HOO for you and Lindsy placing first and second in your race!!!! You go girls!
ReplyDelete