September 22, 2008

Everyone Falls Sometime!

So, tonight Lindsy and I decided to do a brick workout, and to make a long story short, I fell. Yup, bit it. I knew my time was coming (as you probably read in the previous posting, I about bit it yesterday during our ride), just didn't think it would be so close to yesterday's not-so-hot-ride. Of course, it HAD to happen at a stop sign right as a truck was pulling up. And I HAD to fall in his direction, right in front of him! I was even telling myself, "Don't fall...don't fall...don't fall." But I still fell. My left foot got stuck in the toe cage and I couldn't get it out fast enough and fell to my left, right in the middle of the road as this dang truck was pulling up. Thank God he saw me and stopped! (but, really, how can you possibly miss a 6' tall woman falling off her bike?) WOW. Needless to say, the man was nice--toothless, but nice--and asked if I was okay (I was) and then said I didn't have to throw my life in front of him that way! Ha! After he passed, and I dusted myself off, Lindsy and I agreed that it was a good thing it wasn't a hot guy in a corvette, that would have made the fall that much more embarrassing. Since there were no paparazzi around to catch my monumentous break-the-ice fall, I added a funny video that reminds me that it could be worse, I could be thrown into a river after falling! At least I got this out of the way before the Tri--hopefully I won't have another spill during the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment