January 11, 2019

Gingbread houses and friends

One of the best things about Christmastime is traditions and making memories with friends and family. Every year we get together with the Malone family for a wine and ornament exchange, and pajama exchange for the kids. This year we decided to forgo the kids gifts (mainly because they get so much as it is and they don't really wear PJs anymore. AND I have 4 kids to her 1, so it just isn't really fair) and instead we let the big kids decorate gingerbread houses.

The big kids (Keagan, Annie, and Finn) are hilarious and had a big time. Finn tended to eat more than he did decorate. Keagan and Annie took their time and made masterpieces. The houses all looked good and they had a good time, lots of laughs. Stacey and I decided that the kids are starting to play so much better together and very little bickering. (however, that changed when we got together for Stacey's birthday at the end of the month...ya win some, ya lose some.)

After supper (which was a taco bar and Mexican theme - YUM!) we attempted to take a group picture of the kids. Epic fail. But the outtakes are fun!


We decided to make things more difficult by getting into the picture with the kids and making the dads take pictures.  This stage of life is fun and crazy.

 Wine and friendship make life so much better.

When I see pictures of myself with my children I have to pinch myself. They are all MINE! And I often think, Man! that girl has a bunch-o-kids. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment