What a blessing it was for our family to have both sets of parents in for Maclyn's First Birthday! Grandma and Grandpa arrived the night before Maclyn's party and even though we didn't have a whole lot of time with them we made the most of it! Finn was crazy excited to see his grandparents!
Maclyn's party was the evening of Friday night and Josh was off work that morning, so we loaded u p and headed out on the boat! We had a blast and the kids enjoyed showing their grandparents the ways of Kentucky Lake Life!
Josh and I both tried to water ski, and while I got up for a hot minute (or half a minute!), Grandpa showed us all up by getting up on slalom! Show-off!! LOL!
The morning after Maclyn's party Josh had to work so we had a leisure breakfast at the house then went touring around before ending up in downtown Paducah for ice cream. Check out the adorable romper Maclyn is wearing...Grandma made this for her for her birthday! I wish I had one in my size!!
Checking out the sailboats on Kentucky Lake! I may or may not be trying to convince my parents to move up here... haha!!
Downtown Paducah. Finley looks like a little old man on the park bench with his old fashioned ice cream hat on!!
Flying with Grandpa!
Three Generations!!
While this visit was a wonderful one and we were so glad to have my parents in town, it was tainted by a very big loss for my parents. Sadly, they had to make the difficult decision, while on the drive up to Kentucky, to put down their beloved dog Sport. It was a very sad weekend for them and it broke my heart that they could not be with Sport in his final moments. But I pray that spending time with their grandbabies helped them to find some comfort in a difficult time.






























No comments:
Post a Comment