SEVEN. My baby doll is 7 months old. I am shaking my head as I type this. Didn't I JUST do her 6 month blog? (Why, yes. Yes I did...because it was super late)
As I have said all along, my sweet Mac has the best personality and is so even-tempered and easy going. It hasn't changed since birth and I pray this is just her. She is a happy little baby and hardly makes a peep unless she is dirty, hungry, or tired. Only a handful of times have we heard angry screams and they are usually when she is put on her tummy. She has started to have a little bit of separation anxiety, but it isn't bad. It is mainly if I walk out of the room and she is left alone for a few seconds. But she generally doesn't fuss if someone holds her, unless the above conditions exist.
Motor milestones: none. Haha, I am only slightly kidding. Maclyn is still not rolling. If you help her position her arm when she's on her tummy she goes right over, but the child is lazy and won't do it herself. She doesn't even attempt to roll back to belly. She is sitting for short bursts of time (5-10 minutes) but needs occasional repositioning. She is starting to reach for something and then return to upright sitting without losing her balance. So I am proud of that. She will bear a teeny amount of weight on her feet in supported standing, and a teeny amount of weight through her hands when initially positioned on her tummy. (I feel like I am documenting on a pediatric patient...)
Maclyn sleeps through the night most nights. She does go from 730pm-630am (ish) without nursing. We have created a slight monster with the pacifier though...and there have been nights where she wakes up and cannot (will not?) go back to sleep unless one of us puts the paci back in her mouth. I guess it is a pick-your-battles kind of thing...because Finn didn't fully sleep through the night til he was 2!! I just remind myself that she is still a baby, and this is what babies do...and if it's the roughest part of her babyhood, then I will take it.
The hardest part for me about Maclyn getting older is that this is likely my last baby to nurse. There is absolutely nothing better to me than being able to nourish, soothe, and bond with my baby in a way nothing else and no one else can. Selfishly, I dread this stage ending. And just this week Mac dropped a nursing session. She was eating every 3 hours or so, and now is now pushing to every four. She loves her "real" food and coos and howls for it when she sees you get it ready, and occasionally gets upset when its gone. So far she has eaten peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, avocados, prunes, apples, bananas, pears. She hates green beans and squash...gags and carries on and will clamp her mouth tight.
Mac babbles a lot, and says a lot of dadadada and mamama and babababa. I am gonna say those are because of the members of her family that love her so. She has also started waving, either by putting her hand in the air with the palm facing out (like a good ol' boy acknowledgement) or by opening/closing her hand. Mac also responds to her multitude of names and will turn her head quickly to whoever is calling her and smile. Its pretty great. She also "dances" her whole body and head while throwing her arms and legs up and down! It is talent...I don't think I could move every aspect of my body like that ever! Oh, and she blows bubbles, sucks her face in to make a serious double chin, and howls/coos like an owl.
Likes: baths and being naked (and peeing on mommy....), food, her brothers playing with her, pacifier, bouncing in her bouncy, music, her carseat, her swing and Rock-n-play, nursing and playing with Mommy's hair, when her daddy walks in the room, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on TV
Dislikes: tummy time, being left alone, taking naps, having something she shouldn't have taken away, having clothing pulled over her head
No comments:
Post a Comment