This baby. oh! this baby! She is so much fun and overall super easy. Maybe it is because she is my 3rd, and quite possibly my last, my outlook is different and I am more easygoing with her? (haha) Maybe I am just a pro at this? (haha) But really, I think it is her personality. She is relatively quiet and soft-spoken, doesn't get her feathers ruffled too easily, and is content to chill and people watch. She does demand you stand with her in the evenings, but her bedtime is getting earlier and earlier (730 now!) so the "witching hour" has shortened!
Stats from Maclyn's 6 month check-up:
Height: 27 inches (84th %)
Weight: 18# 4oz (81st %)
Head circumference: 43.2 cm (71st %)
Mac had her 6 month shots and a flu shot on Thursday (4 total!) and she did great with them. I did have a discussion with her doctor about her lack of rolling (either direction), and he told me she has the ability but she doesn't have the desire. Basically, she is content where she is placed and there is no need for her to roll. It also helps to have two big brothers who get everything for you!
I know she is mine, and that automatically biases me, but she is just the prettiest baby ever. I could simply stare at her forever. When I am holding her I could rub my face on her soft head, smell her baby smell, and kiss her chunky cheeks or belly or legs. I could eat her up, she's just so cute! I love everything about her, even her pouty face.
I didn't anticipate posting all the random pictures above, but when I looked at them I couldn't not post them. I want to remember every.little.thing about her. I don't know if it is possible, but I don't remember as much as I would like from the boys baby days. So when I looked at these pictures I decided I wanted to remember every little detail, from the teeny mole on her scalp to the rubber band-wrists and pudgy fingers.
Even thought Maclyn isn't rolling over or sitting up yet, she is a champ at eating. She wasn't initially, and would push the food right back out of her mouth. But she opens up and eats her food without fuss now. So far, she has had rice cereal, baby oatmeal, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, and avocados. Other than the baby cereals, I am making my own baby food again. It is so easy and so much cheaper, and I like to think it is better for them. But the main thing is, it worked for the boys and so it will work for Maclyn.
First bite of sweet potatoes! First bite of anything other than baby cereal.
Maclyn gets a bunch of tummy time/back time activity mat practice...and, bless her, because Mommy is a physical therapist she gets to do PT to practice rolling. She doesn't like it and actually fights against me. For instance, if I get Mac teetering on her side with her arm in the right position to allow rolling she will actually fight against gravity to keep her from rolling! It is both comical and frustrating. I guess she will do it in good time...
As with our other babies, Maclyn has taken on several nicknames. My favorite have actually been given to her by her brothers:
Mac
Mackie
Mackie-baby
Baby Mac
And then others have called her Mac-and-Cheese or Mac-attack! I love all the fun nicknames that she has. I especially love just how much her brothers want to love on her and be around her all the time. And the feeling is truly mutual. She loves them and just lights up when they enter the room, and if the boys walk into a room and see Maclyn they go nuts baby-talking to her.






No comments:
Post a Comment