One of my goals of this trip was to get some good pictures of my grandparents together, with us, and especially with their great grandboys. If you've been reading my posts then you can probably imagine that my camera was out all.the.time. In fact, I know it was quite annoying. But it paid off as I got fantastic candid and staged pictures. I am tickled to share these pictures with you...
As I was setting up lighting I asked the boys and Josh to come hang out so I could get my lighting and settings right. There are a bunch of funny outtakes and I have included some at the end of this post. These are a few of the boys that were not meant to be "used" but they are cute to me. I love how, in the second picture, their legs are positioned similarly.
Now prepare yourselves. And if you are my family, grab some tissues. The next few pictures are tear jerkers. Keagan is SUCH a lover. And he adored his Great Grandpa. (Finn did, too, but as you know Finny is rough. And just not one to sit still.) I was still trying to get set up and asked Grandpa to come on over the the couch because I was just about ready. And what I captured next are likely my favorite of any other pictures I have ever taken. These are not prompted, they are 100% genuine love.
Then Great Grandma sat down and Finn was roped into joining the party...and the love further overloads...
I really wanted to get some pictures of my Grandparents, just the two of them. They have built such a close and beautiful family. I love listening to their stories of how it all started, the ups and downs, their commitment to each other. Next year will be 60 years of marriage for them. What an amazing accomplishment and example they are.
Finally, a couple of all of us... I couldn't decide which one I liked better, so I included them both.
This picture is funny...Grandma was putting her glasses on Chesney! I don't think he minded too much.
After pictures Grandpa showed me a bunch of his old pictures from family. He is very interested in ancestry and genealogy so he always has pictures and stories about our heritage. I enjoy hearing the stories. Ever since I was a little girl he has loved to show me his pictures from trips they have taken or old relatives. I suppose this may be where my love of pictures and photography stemmed from?
Now some outtakes! Not only was I trying to get lighting worked out but also my remote shutter release...this is what I got. I live with a bunch of goof-balls. :)
Leaving Grandma and Grandpa's house was hands-down the most difficult thing I have ever had to do. I won't dwell or get into emotional specifics (mainly because I can't type well through tears), but knowing how life works is painful. I am so in love my Grandparents. My Grandpa is the only one I've got. And, he's been a damn good one. I have learned life lessons and love from him. I am so very thankful for this visit. And these pictures.
On our way back into the mountains to see Aunt Kim and Uncle Ed and Ross and Riley I turned around to find this. Terribly uncomfortable...and silly.
I tried to get some pictures of our drive into the mountains. I couldn't get many good ones, but this was pretty of the mountains and the Trinity River.
You are going to treasure these pictures for forever and they are SO good. I mean, really....SOOOO GOOD! The one of Joshie being all cheesy is flippin' hilarious. The boys with your Grandpa are so stinking sweet - that is how my boys are with their PawPaw and they were that way with Tim's Grandpa when we were there at Christmas. You'll see those pictures next year sometime I'm sure. ha!
ReplyDelete