I know that sounds crazy, that something as simple as skin can be something so powerful to my emotions or my sense of self and self confidence. Or even how I act around others because I believe I know what they see when they look at me. But it is. For 20 years my skin has been a source of pain (figuratively and literally), a source of sadness, embarrassment, discomfort. I have dealt with acne from puberty until 4 months ago. And when I was having a "clear skin" moment, I was dealing with deep acne scars. The physical scars were one thing: I felt like I had to wear make-up everywhere (races/runs. swimming. to give birth. how ridiculous is that?), I basically lived with a Kleenex in my pocket for the typical pimple(s) that would pop or I would pick at, I carried concealer around and constantly caked it on even though I knew it wasn't concealing anything. The emotional scarring from the acne is another thing. A very deep "other" thing. I was afraid my new husband would not like the way I looked in the mornings when I had no make-up on after we married. I felt like I had everything together, but I could not get a handle on my skin. I felt like people were constantly judging me for my acne/scars. And as a teenager who also dealt with typical hormonal issues, I felt sad. Ask any of my good friends from high school: there were many times they would do something fun and silly to just cheer me up. They all knew how badly my acne affected me. And the scars that were left were deep, ugly reminders of the feelings the pimples created. Until four months ago I wanted to hug other people who were afflicted with acne/acne scars. I wanted to tell them it would be OK...no, the scarring or acne may never leave but you would learn to get over it, to deal with it, to not be so sad. You will even learn to laugh at yourself! Neck acne = "Necne." Hahahaha (but inside I was praying it didn't look as bad to others as it did to me) Tell them they would learn to somehow not let acne define who they were, but just let that be a part of them like finger nails are a part of the hand but not the hand itself. I wanted to hug people and tell them this because I needed that hug. My acne was not going away. And if my acne wouldn't go away then how could my scarring? I was going to be 95 years old and still having to deal with acne. (and wrinkles)
For the last 20 years I have tried everything. I am not even kidding. I have done every kind of antibiotic. Then Accutane. I have tried witch hazel, even using rubbing alcohol! Popping pimples, not popping pimples. Clearasil, Neutragena, face masks, Mary Kay. Dermalogica. Going to get facials every two weeks for months ($$$$). Toothpaste on pimples. Pro-Active. Pro-Active Plus (they don't advertise this one on TV...it's a stronger version for stubborn acne!). Scalding hot water. Ice cubes. Tanning beds. You name it, I have most certainly tried it all. NOTHING HELPED.
So why am I writing this? Because I have found something that helped. And it helped quickly. And it continues to help. Yes, this is a sales pitch. (hang with me please...) But more than anything this is real life. This is MY real life. And the product I am using sells itself. And I am now selling it because I am a 100% believer in it and I am living proof that it can change lives. I am using Rodan + Fields products. And I am now a consultant for it because I am such a believer. Let me tell you, I was skeptical. I was actually scared to wash my face at the party I went to on January 2. I was amongst beautiful people with flawless skin, and they were bare faced. I sure did show up to that party with full-face on and decided to wash my face with their trial product. I was amazed at how good it felt right.then.and.there. So I purchased several products knowing there is a 60-day Empty Bottle money back guarantee, and that I would likely be returning it because as I had come to know: NOTHING HELPED.
I took two measly "before" pictures, just knowing the product wouldn't work so I wouldn't be taking after pictures. Boy what I wrong. I am four months into using R+F and I am actually in love with my skin. No, it isn't perfect and it isn't flawless. But it is the closest it has ever been in my "adult" life...since I was 12 years old. I still get an occasional pimple, but they are short-lived and contained, and I know when I am getting them (the week before my monthly cycle). And then about as quickly as I get one, it is gone. And the scarring has just about disappeared. And to top it off, my fine lines/wrinkles around my eyes have improved (after all, even though I still have acne I am 32 years old and am starting to get wrinkles!).
To put it simply, my life has changed. I actually have gotten compliments on my skin. Josh is amazed with how much it has changed and how good it looks. My friends who have watched me suffer for years have actually said something about how good my skin looks-and some didn't even know I was using anything!
I really could go on-and-on-and-on. But let me share with you my pictures, because pictures are worth a thousand words. Disclaimer: these are hands-down some of the most unflattering pictures. In part because of acne/scarring/no make-up, in part because they are unflattering poses (but they get the job done), and finally in -large- part because most are selfies! And I don't do selfies well. So focus on the skin and not on the rest of the picture :)
Me at 16 years old. Acne. Accutane. Sadness.
Me in 2010, after Keagan was just born. Check out the deep scarring on my cheeks. And the acne still present. And the general redness and poor texture of my skin.
2012: Right after Finley's birth (I don't allow myself to be photographed without makeup much...but these happened when the picture wasn't about me, but the baby...) Look at how red and bumpy my skin was.
January 2014, my measly "before" pics (remember I wasn't confident in the product so I didn't take better pictures). You can see the under-eye lines. The fine lines in my forehead. The acne still present to some degree on my chin, neck, cheeks, and above my eyebrows. But what I really see is scarring on my cheeks and poor texture to my skin.
8 weeks after using Redefine regimen and AMP MD Exfoliating roller. I still have a few pimples (I believe I was about to start my period) but the scarring has decreased significantly. The texture of my skin was incredible to me. And what has really shocked me is how quickly the fine lines in my forehead and around my eyes have softened and faded. A bonus to me!
The other day I did not wear make-up to work. Ok, I wore eye-make-up so I didn't look dead. But I did not have to wear foundation. I didn't even wear blush. Nada. I was so amazed I took this picture for this blog. I am not even calling this a selfie because it is for research purposes :)
And here are my pictures just this weekend: 16 weeks (four months) after starting my Rodan + Fields journey and 8 weeks after adding in the MACRO Exfoliator once a week. And then deciding to sell these marvelous products.
In all of the above pictures I have zero makeup on. No concealer. No photo retouching or special lighting. Nothing but me. I am simply amazed at how wonderfully this product has worked for me. And I have seen results on my friends and many others.
The best part about this whole product line, is I have only used a fraction of what is available. There are products specifically for active and severe acne. Specifically for sensitive skin. For sun spots and "damaged" skin. For wrinkles. You name it, R + F has covered it. And covered it well. Their Soothe line is not only for face skin but can help with baby eczema. Their tools have been shown to help with cellulite and stretch marks on the thighs, tummy, arms. They are well-publicized and studied. These products are created by DOCTORS.
I am a believer. I don't think you can look at these pictures and not be. Funny, I had planned this post a long time ago, when I started to see the results but before I decided to sell this. I obviously am trying to make this a business for myself, but more than anything I want everyone to experience their own life-changing results. Mine are drastic, everyone's results are different. You may just have some stubborn discoloration or sun spots on a cheek that you need to get rid of. Or large pores that you want smaller. Or blotchiness, dullness. Whatever your skin issue may be and whatever your age you can have great skin, talk to me! I would love to help you through it and find the perfect skin care regimen to meet your needs. If you know me personally send me a message on FB/text/cell/email and we can talk. If not and you are interested, shoot me a comment below and we can go from there! With technology you don't have to be my neighbor for me to help you, you can be half a world away!
Peruse my personal website for more information, talk to me, let's get you on a road to better skin!
There is a tool on there to take a quiz to learn about what product(s) are right for you! (Go to Our Products>>Get Advice>>What's Right For You?)
Talk to me :)








I'm so happy you found this. Your pictures are amazing!
ReplyDelete