Finn is 15 months old. I set out trying to get a great picture of him at this milestone...and it just did not happen. Well, not in the way I had anticipated. My kids don't respond well to a camera (maybe because it's always in their faces?) and so I can no longer get a good picture of them, together or separate. At the same time, the pictures I got of Finn for this "assignment" (because that's what it felt like: an assignment) are real life. And as much as I was hoping for the picture as I scrolled through them all, only to find a bunch to fit into an "out-takes," I didn't. They are all out-takes. But they are cute. And they are Finley, at his finest....and, not-so-finest.
Finley had his 15-month well-baby check today and shots. He's a big boy (not that we had any doubt):
weight: 25lbs 5oz (75-90th%)
height: 31.5 inches (50-75th%)
head circumference: 47.5cm (50-75th%)
Social/speech: Finley talks up a storm. Though you can hardly understand him. What you can understand: mama, dada, baba/bubba, shoe. He also says something for Oscar (but he's usually screaming at the dog, so it's hard to always make it out), "what's that" while fist-pointing, "all dry" after diaper changes. He occasionally will repeat what you say, plain as day. But then not say it again. He is very social with people he is comfortable with, and can be painfully shy with everyone else (a bit like daddy, maybe?!). He is a flirt, super loving, and still incredibly passionate. The passion goes both ways: when he loves he is the best snuggler and is very sweet, when he's mad he is aggressive and screams and has fits of rage. These fits are lessening, but still present on a daily basis. I talked to his pediatrician about them today, and she thought they were normal and part of his personality. We discussed methods to handle him and I got some insight on curbing the behavior. We had already been doing some thing the doctor recommended, but it's nice to hear we are doing something right. When Finn isn't throwing a fit, he loves to sing and have stories read to him. He plays pretend a lot, and I think this is adorable.
Pointing at the deer on the wall.
Motor: Finley is a walker now. He only crawls if he happens to already be on the ground, but he is pretty much non-stop anymore. When I've heard moms say they are always chasing after their children I never understood exactly until Finn grew legs. And now I chase him everywhere. Everywhere. He just takes off. And the booger is fast. At Keagan's soccer games he thinks he can run out onto the field during play (needless to say I don't get to just sit and watch). At supper time, Finley is using a fork and spoon now too, and is about 50% accurate with the utensils! He also can get on/off his riding toys independently.
Kisses from brother. And the next three pictures are hilarious. Out of focus, poor lighting, just plain not-good. But great at the same time!
Routines: Finn finally has a routine!!!!! It only took 15 months. He goes to bed about 730 and wakes between 6/630 and fusses a minute then falls back to sleep until 7ish. After lunch he naps one to two hours. He has given up bottles completely and is all about his straw cup. We completely transitioned to whole milk (from stored breastmilk) about a week ago, and he is 100% on table foods. He loves to brush his teeth (sees his big brother do it) and he likes to pick out his shoes in the morning. Speaking of teeth, Finn has 11 teeth and is getting more. He has all four one-year molars, and let-me-tell-you they were awful. He is a horrid teether. He has been so healthy and easy to deal with (minus the fits of rage) since his adenoids were removed except for getting his teeth. He has gotten 7 teeth since they were removed. And he is a drooly mess right now, so I know more are coming.
Personality: Let's just say he is Mr. Personality. It overflows and I really think he doesn't know what to do with it all. Seriously, this kid loves hard. He gives the best hugs, both arms around my neck. Sometimes he will snuggle his face into my neck, other times he nibbles on the shirt over my shoulder. It's like he can't get close enough to me, and I feel the same way about him! He doesn't realize he's just a little guy, and wants to do everything big brother does. And the love he shows for Keagan brings tears to my eyes. (So does the way they fight...but let me stick to their love first) Finn will occasionally pat-pat Keagan then lean his head over in a hug. But seriously, in the same breath I will hear a scream and one is pulling the other. Or taking a toy from the other. Or just being overly rough. It goes both ways. But Finn is typically the aggressor....it's gonna get interesting in the next few months! Finn's hair is not as red as his personality, but the two go hand in hand. He is fiery. And his hair color hasn't changed much...strawberry blonde with blue eyes! I love it and hope it stays this color! He is trying to get a few curls in the back, but I think his hair is going to remain pretty straight. Darn.
I love you Finster! You keep me on my toes, but I can't imagine life without you!!
While I was taking pictures of Finn I decided to get some of Keagan. Well, really, Finn wasn't cooperating and Keagan sat down in front of the camera. Such a beautiful boy. A few things to update on him that I have failed to blog about. Medical: Keagan (and Finn) both have heart murmurs. They were checked out by a pediatric cardiologist back in September and both show functional murmurs that need no further follow-up. Whoo hoo! Keagan's doctor found a mild scoliosis at his 3year well-child checkup and scheduled us to come back 4 months later for a re-check, which was last week. Scoliosis remained so his doctor made Keagan an appointment with a pediatric orthopedist at Vanderbilt. We go the end of November and apparently the doc specializes in scoliosis in kids, so I am anxious to hear his opinion. Personality: he's three. That's all I need to say really. We are arguing quite a bit more, and he can hang with the best in the arguing department. Though his response is usually "because." He is still super sweet and loves his family. (except the other night he told me he didn't love us and wanted to go live with Ms. Cassie, one of his teachers. this broke my heart a little. or a lot.) He does think, however, that he can only love one person at a time. Motor: he's a kid now...not a baby. He climbs, jumps, kicks, throws, runs...it amazes me how "big" he is now.
Keagan was tired of hearing Finn scream...He tells me that it hurts his ears. I tell him it hurts mine too. Poor kid! He's just always been so quiet!
I love you, Keagan. You are such a joy. You and Finn light up my world!

















Love the pics!!
ReplyDeleteI know you aren't necessarily thrilled with these pictures but I say they are perfect because like you said - they capture Finn. Anymore when I take pictures of Avery I just get while the gettin's good and then later I laugh and shake my head and then say - welll, that's Avery and well....these pics - they are Finn from what I hear of him. So - mission accomplished on capturing him at 15 months.
ReplyDelete