A couple of weeks ago, Josh and I took Keagan to the Ringling Brothers circus. We didn't tell him until a couple of days before because we knew he would be talking about it
non-stop if we told. And he proved us right because the day before the circus he started crying in his car seat because we were going home instead of to the circus. How do you explain time to a toddler? But the morning of the circus we laid out everything that would happen: go to school, come home and get ready, go to dinner,
then go to the circus. He was ready! We had no idea if he would be entertained by it or if he would be bored and whiny. Let's just say that this kid has an amazing attention span and loved every second of the 2 hour show! He was entranced. It was fun to watch him watch it. I really wish I had the awe that children have. But the next best thing is watching your own child. I was trying to take pictures in the beginning then put my phone and camera down, and at one point he said, "Momma! Take pictures!" To which I asked him what he'd like me to take pictures of. Well he knew: The puppies. The elephants. And those were his favorite parts of the circus, too...he told us in the car ride home. Finn stayed at home with Carissa because we thought he was too little to enjoy it (or mostly his bedtime was the start time of the circus and you do NOT mess with this child's bedtime). Keagan was upset at first that Finn wasn't going, but he quickly forgot! We had a nice time with our first born boy but we are looking forward to taking both back next year!
Finn was apparently just perfect for Carissa!
Waiting for dinner at Culvers...
Aren't these the coolest snowcones ever? If they weren't $20 I would've insisted we get one!!
Of all the twirly light-up toys, cotton candy, and clown snow cones, Keagan just wanted some popcorn! Of course, we obliged.
No comments:
Post a Comment