February 28, 2013

Finny is Seven Months Old

We interrupt our regularly scheduled postings (about sickness!) to bring you Finley's 7-month post!
 
This baby is a trip. I don't really know how else to describe him. He has so much personality and is already a little mischievous. I bet you can tell it from the pictures below. The last month has been such a blur that I might as well erase February from my year. In fact, this month has always been my least favorite month (and it's my birth month! go figure...). This February just put the nail in the coffin for all other Februaries. Does that make sense? Probably not...just nod your head and smile. I am ready for March. TOMORROW.
 
But over the past month we have seen a lot of changes in Finley. He started sitting up shortly after his 6 month mile-marker and there has been no going back. In fact, he will not lie down. The child has never (to my knowledge) rolled back-to-belly. But he is starting to try to get to quadruped positioning ("all 4s" for you non PT types) from sitting...the beginning of learning to crawl. Say What? I know why...he wants what his brother has (toys, hair, mobility...). And he tries to take what his brother has too. The boys have already begun a tug-of-war over certain toys and it's funny to watch Finn's little hands paddle as fast as they can at the toys Keagan has. It won't be funny for long, I fear. Finn is "grabby Sam" and will reach out with one or both hands for anything and everything. And his accuracy impresses me. There is no "batting" at things to get it, he aims and grabs all in one fell swoop. And then most everything goes directly into his mouth. I really think teeth are right around the corner.
 
Finley weighs 20lbs 1oz (he had a doctor appt yesterday - on his 7 month marker day - another double ear infection). He is a chunker. But he is long, too. He is starting to outgrow some of his 9-month outfits and jammies. He is a great nurser still...well, he is quick and efficient (say, 3-5 minutes a side)...but he is still ultra distracted. He has finally started to sleep through the night, but we are still working on this. It doesn't help that he has had 3 ear infections in the last month or so. He is eating "solids" twice a day. He really only likes yogurt, cereal, and sweet potatoes. He hates applesauce. He will tolerate green beans, pears, peas, and turkey...but I have to be the one to feed him and I have to catch him in a good mood. Even then, I generally have to trick him into eating it.
 
Likes: Singing to mommy, pulling hair, bouncing in the exersaucer, Keagan's trains, kissing on mommy, falling asleep in someone's arms (but not mine!), petting Oscar, playing in Keagan's room, bathtime, going for walks in his stroller, his Bubba (Keagan), balloons, mommy's left arm during diaper changes (he snuggles and kisses me...so cute), being held all.the.time., sweet potatoes, peek-a-boo 
 
Dislikes: being left alone, seeing mommy walk away (even if someone is holding him), being denied a toy/food/held, sitting in his carseat if the car isn't going, medicine, grocery shopping (this is not only unfortunate but inconvenient), Bumbo seat, tummy time, eye and nose drops, applesauce, putting his arms into sleeves

Here's a little video of Finn's favorite activity. Yes, my videography skills suck. Yes, I am jumping with camera in-hand to encourage Finn to bounce. No, the quality isn't great. But if you aren't dizzy by the half-way point and can watch the end, I realize what I am doing and stop jumping. And things improve...

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's a)sitting and b)trying to get on on 4's. What?!?!?
    He's really starting to favor Keagan more and more even if he is going to be like double.his.size!
    Love his pretty, pretty blue eyes.
    That video is a riot - Grey is right there with him on his love of that activity...and drool while doing so. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fin is having a blast! I can't believe how fast he's growing and he's oh so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! Oh my goodness. I want to squeeze him:) C is just now sitting for short periods of time so I can't believe F is such a big sitter! I love the jumper! I want to get these boys together soon!!! It's been too long.

    ReplyDelete