June 19, 2010

Something about a Number

The Number Six:
Today is our 6th Wedding Anniversary!  We really didn't make any plans because our main focus has been preparing for baby...so we took it easy all day and then decided to grab a bite to eat and head to Maggie's Jungle Golf.  Maggie's Jungle Golf is miniature golf with the added bonus of a petting zoo!  We started out by touring the zoo, via golf cart, and ran into some interesting animals!  Unfortunately I left my camera in the car, so we took pictures with the phone.  They aren't the best quality, but the evening was hilarious so I had to document it.  We really had a great time and laughed more than we've laughed in a long time... 

Beginning what was the most exciting golf cart ride in a petting zoo!
Stop 1: Camel and un-penned goats
Really?  A camel in Benton, KY?!
Goats are so cute, but my goodness are they needy!  They KNEW we had food!
Feed the goat before he gets into the golf cart with us!
TOO LATE!  This "cute" little guy climbed into the golf cart the second we got out to check out the camel.  It would NOT get down and kept pawing at the seat as if in preparation to buck us, and then it would chew on the seat or the steering wheel or whatever.  Hilarious.  I was laughing so hard!  Josh was freaking out and trying to push him off, but this angered the goat and he would paw at the seat as if ready for a challenge! 
A gentle,soft sheep...until he jumped up on me when I quit feeding him!
Oh the donkeys!  Such funny creatures!!!
The goats found us again!!
Peacocks everywhere!
After safely making out of the petting zoo, and with all of our fingers!, we tackled 18 holes of miniature golf.  I feel certain I didn't win (I didn't add it up!) but I know neither of us should think of going pro!  It was a lot of fun and our evening wrapped up with snow cones!  YUM!

The Number Five:
This past week my co-workers threw a baby shower for me after work.  It was my 5th shower!  (the 4th was given by women in Josh's family, unfortunately I have no pics from the event)  I am so very blessed to work with such fun, loving, and supportive people.  Even the boys joined in for some cake (who could resist strawberry cake with buttercream icing?!)!  It was so very nice and I feel certain we are ready for baby Keagan's arrival!  Thank you, Hampton's folks, for all that you have done for me throughout my pregnancy and for such a generous baby shower!

Some of my co-workers:  Becky, Cheri, Ladonna, Lois, Carol Ann, and Mitchell

The Number Thirty-Six:
This weekend marks the 36 week point!  YAY!!  I am thrilled to have made it this far given all the issues we are dealing with and the fact that twice a week I am faced with uncertainty of whether I will walk out of the doctor's office still pregnant!!  Here's the baby bump! (and notice Oscar in the bottom pic...this is where he ALWAYS stands during pictures!  So funny!)

The Number Nine:
As of today, I have 9 days left until my baby boy is born.  I have been scheduled for a c-section on June 28th at 1:00.  It is so hard to believe that we are so close to meeting our son!  At my last doctor''s appointment my amniotic fluid was low and I was a bit concerned I wouldn't get out of there...but I did!   I have another appointment tuesday morning and we will get an idea of Keagan's weight...this will probably be close to his birth weight.  I have been having stronger Braxton-Hicks contractions and I think that I have had a few "pre-labor" contractions, at least in describing them to the doctor this is what we decided.  Unfortunately I have been incredibly fatigued lately and occasionally not feeling well, but it is hotter than hades here and I am sure the heat is getting to me.

2 comments:

  1. That petting zoo/mini golf place looks hysterical. Who dreamed up that combo anyhow? Ha. Glad y'all had a good anniversary.

    Did you get some photo editing software? I noticed the edits done on the picture of you and Oscar. I knew you'd been wanting some but didn't realize you'd gone for it.

    You look great. He's definitely grown but boy is he but down - it's clear where he is for sure.

    Hope we can catch up this week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congradulations on your anniversary!! That looks like a fun way to spend an evening. Those animals were hilarious! :)

    Oscar is just too cute. He was posing for the picture! :)

    I can't believe the delivery date is so close! How exciting!!! I can't wait to hear how your appointment this week goes! The count down is on!

    ReplyDelete