August 18, 2008

Welcome Back to Reality

Don't worry, I am still alive and still training for the triathlon! I have been without internet for 2 weeks and while it was weird not being in-touch with the technological world, it was the most peace I have felt in a very long time! Of course, one week of that was spent in Jamaica! :) While I wasn't able to do my hard-core tri training in Jamaica I still ran and tried to stay with the cardio. But I will admit, there was a whole lot of laying on the beach, drinking fruity beverages, eating, and congo lines!

The second week was spent moving into our new house. I did get up and run every morning with the exception of 2 days and I have to say that I am finally over my fear and hatred of hills. The new neighborhood is all hills, you are either going uphill or down and there is very little flat. But, it is good for me and I feel much better about the run portion of the triathlon...now if I could only feel comfortable with the swim...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Janine,

    I took a little time tonight to catch up on your blog. Sounds like you're making great memories with your teammates as you prepare for the big day. I'm proud of you!

    Go for the Gold!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    It's me again...just noticed I forgot to leave my last name...that last comment was from Carol Major!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janine!

    I'm up 3:00 a.m. (just not tired) and after reading your blog - wish it was light outside so I could try running!! You inspire me - Keep it up for a great cause!!

    Love you... Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back - I missed you. It was a reality check for what the future brings.

    ReplyDelete