I have to start this out with the reminder that I absolutely hate HILLS. I love to run down them but hate to run up them. Despite this, I feel like I have become used to (maybe even am comfortable with) the hills at the arboretum where we have been running. I might even go as far to say that hills don't bother me or scare me as much as they used to. But, um, NO. The healthy fear of running up hills has been reinstated with this morning's run in Lindsy's neighborhood. (For those who don't know, I am living with my best friend until October since we've sold our home in Lexington--as her sister said, she now has a "built in running partner.") Now, Lindsy and her friend Courtney run the neighborhood nearly every morning so she is no stranger to the serious changes in elevation. Because I am a newbie to the hills that are her neighborhood, Wednesday morning she decided it best to do a different, less hilly (but still more than I am used to) route. The 4 mile run kicked my hind end. THEN, she suggested we do her normal route this morning!! HA. It was all going OK until she told me not to look up because we were getting ready to run the hill that tops ALL hills! After a few choice words and grunts I made it up The Hill, then insisted on walking so I could catch my breath. This is when Lindsy let me know that Courtney does all she can to not heave after running up that hill (thanks!). After it was all said and done, it was a wonderful workout...I didn't vomit, thank God, but I did almost pee on myself! (And note-to-self: even if it is cloudy it is still HOT at 11:00 in the morning at the end of July!)
So, Lindsy, thanks so much for pushing me! I am glad to know I have reached the 4 mile mark
So, Lindsy, thanks so much for pushing me! I am glad to know I have reached the 4 mile mark

Me at the BOTTOM PART of The Hill. This picture doesn't do it justice, really. The Hill continues to ascend beyond what you can see in this picture. Oh, it hurts me to think of it!
Thanks for the blog title - I feel special. You did great on the run girlie - you are a rockstar. Think of how far you have come - I remember when two miles was rough on you and now check you out!?
ReplyDelete