May 31, 2008

The Starting Line

As you have probably figured out, I am training for the Susan Bradley Cox Triathlon for Sight with an incredible organization called Team In Training (TNT). This organization supports The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's search for a cure for blood cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. I am very excited to be a part of this team and to race for a cure. I am also very excited to be doing this with my best friend, Lindsy Taylor. She is an experienced (marathon!) runner and since college I have always tried to tag along--the max was 5 miles with her. I mentioned to her a while back that I wanted to do a triathlon and she said it had always been a dream of hers, so why not do it together?? And better yet, let's do it for a GREAT cause!! So, long story short, we signed up with TNT and have been training for a little more than a week now. Here are some pics of the Tri-team, our first bike of the season (17 miles!) and my first swim. Please check back often as I hope to keep this updated with training progress.




The Tri-team (not pictured: ME! I was in Portsmouth, OH, for my PT internship)

Lindsy and Me on our first Bike Ride this year



We look so HOT! (just part of the job, kids!)

No comments:

Post a Comment